QB Rankings

Jerry1738

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:
4 minutes ago, Danger said:

If Herbert is QB6, who else do you have above him besides Burrow, Tua, Eason, and Love?

I would assume Fromm.

Fromm has a really low ceiling. I guess some people are alright with that, but frankly I wouldn't touch from until Round 3 at the earliest.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Fromm has a really low ceiling. I guess some people are alright with that, but frankly I wouldn't touch from until Round 3 at the earliest.

At this point, you're drafting QBs with warts.  It's just a matter of what warts you're willing to deal with, and which ones you're not.  Fromm won't fit in every offense.  Any offense that has vertical routes as a significant part of the offense isn't going to be an offensive scheme that Fromm can fit in.  But in a more of a "dink and dunk" offense, he should find a good amount of success.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, you're drafting QBs with warts.  It's just a matter of what warts you're willing to deal with, and which ones you're not.  Fromm won't fit in every offense.  Any offense that has vertical routes as a significant part of the offense isn't going to be an offensive scheme that Fromm can fit in.  But in a more of a "dink and dunk" offense, he should find a good amount of success.

This is pretty accurate. I prefer Jordan Loves warts because he has the easiest warts to cure in my opinion. Understanding defenses and learning complex offensive schemes. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is pretty accurate. I prefer Jordan Loves warts because he has the easiest warts to cure in my opinion. Understanding defenses and learning complex offensive schemes. 

See, here’s where I hard disagree. Love has no field vision, which is a serious problem in a QB who’s been a starter multiple years. To expect that to suddenly go away is unrealistic, even with him riding the pine for a season.

If it’s fixed enough so he can play, he’s gonna have the kind of problems that make DCs salivate.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I don't think any QB prospect this year has more potential than Eason, but the question is will Eason actually capitalize on his potential. He's a lot like Josh Allen, with a bit better accuracy, but it remains to be seen whether he can improve or if he'll be more like Mitch Trubisky from the mental side of playing QB.

Yeah I see that with Josh Allen I think that’s a good comp

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pocket Presence doesn’t get fixed at the next level. Accuracy, rarely. Understanding defenses is very fixable, studying and coaching. 

Accuracy can be tweaked because of mechanics.  I'll use Jacob Eason for example.  Look at how little he uses his lower body.  His feet pretty much stop as soon as he's dropped back in the pocket.  If he's up on his toes, his accuracy will improve.  You can't take an inaccurate passer and suddenly make them accurate, but the accuracy should improve with improved mechanics.  Players don't "suddenly" figure out how to read defenses.  Defenses are constantly adjusting and disguising looks, so what you might see on one look is going to be different look next time.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Accuracy can be tweaked because of mechanics.  I'll use Jacob Eason for example.  Look at how little he uses his lower body.  His feet pretty much stop as soon as he's dropped back in the pocket.  If he's up on his toes, his accuracy will improve.  You can't take an inaccurate passer and suddenly make them accurate, but the accuracy should improve with improved mechanics.  Players don't "suddenly" figure out how to read defenses.  Defenses are constantly adjusting and disguising looks, so what you might see on one look is going to be different look next time.

Footwork is the biggest thing that all QBs coming out of college need to work on.  If the feet are working with the body, accuracy will improve.  

On 1/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, JTagg7754 said:

So I can't look at his most recent season b/c he didn't have an ideal situation around him? That doesn't make any sense. It's college. 

It's also Division II. Yeah, it makes sense. And he still wasn't as bad as you're conjuring. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s building a narrative. Love is plenty of peoples QB3. He was acting like it was outrageous. 

I thought it was outrageous Russell was people's number 1 and even a first round pick. I also thought it was outrageous for Manziel to be ranked anywhere higher than a 4th round pick. I don't give a 💩 what other people think. I'm fully capable of deriving my own opinion not influenced by talking heads. 

I've tried hard to sell myself on Eason, Herbert, or Love and just can't bring myself around on any of them, and I typically want big arm guys under center.

My money right now would be on Anthony Gordon being the non burrow QB to find success as a future starter from this class (Fromm I can also see having a solid career as a backup)

I will readily admit Gordon is a sizable project, however. Footwork issues, arm strength concerns, size concerns and limited experience (and that experience is in an air raid system)....  He's not a year 1 starter.That said, I at least see his issues being more experience related than talent related. His ball placement, quick throwing motion, ability to throw off platform, and his reads are all standout pluses (reads somewhat taken with a grain of salt for the system he's in).. He's also reportedly highly intelligent, has had teamates come out to do media on his behalf pre draft, and had a pretty solid video breakdown from Mark Schofield. I'd add he also was responsible for the most points put up on Oregon all year.

Edited by Epyon

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Is his ceiling any different than Joe Burrow’s? Neither is riddled with physical skills. Burrow has a stronger arm maybe...but barely, if he does. He’s a little quicker, but neither are going to be zone/read threats.  

Both guys are accurate throwers and have a keen sense for the game. I don’t think either guy has an elite physical ceiling. And a mental ceiling is pretty much endless and never truly “capped” like physical traits. 

If you like Burrow, it doesn’t make sense to DQ Fromm dud to a lack of a high ceiling.