Report: Patriots willing to spend 30m to Bring Brady Back

goldfishwars

The Patriots should be willing to spend that much.  In addition to bringing Brady back, if they can upgrade their receiving targets and make some other upgrades this off-season, I don't see why the Patriots wouldn't be right back in the thick of things as a Superbowl contender.

The Chargers seem like an interesting choice.  If they can make some improvements this season, they seem like a QB away from possibly being a real contender as well.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I went back and skimmed through the thread to see the Raiders being mentioned.  Outside of the Patriots, would the Raiders give Brady the best chance to win?  A better chance than the Chargers would?

Tough to say. Our O-line is night and day better and maybe the running game if Gordon bolts, but their WR's are a lot better and Henry is close to Waller imo.

Their D is also a lot better too.

• Like 1

I am really surprised that Brady is looking for 30M. Especially after taking less than his market value in last few years. I thought his priority right now(even across the last 5-6 years) was more about maximizing his chances of winning another ring and thereby increasing his legacy, which kinda makes total sense. His family (including his wife) has net worth of $600M. So, I doubt $5M-$10M makes big of a difference to him.  After taking money below his market value over the last few years, I am kinda surprised he is looking for big bucks in what could be last 2-3 years of his career

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

while I agree on the owner being poor, he has committed to moving this team. With 55 mil in cap space and another 16.5 mil to clear by cutting Carr. If they believe Brady will sell out games in Vegas by making this type of splash he is going to over spend on him but does Brady even want to go there? I think LA Chargers makes the most sense, as they are a team in desperate need of a qb who has the mental ability to not make mistakes, they have the weapons and a decent defense. The LA aspect of it may appeal to him and his wife where Rivers has never been that type of guy, he has been a country type family guy who doesnt like the lime light. Brady can be the face and get more fans in the seats there as he is a popular player for those people who are not diehard fans and want to see a star player be there. Plus Brady gets in on the Marketing side of it by being in LA

Brady's not tethering himself to Dean Spanos and Tom Telesco, barring being offered some percentage of team ownership - and there's no way in hell Spanos is agreeing to that.  The Chargers have "weapons" but lack the foundation (i.e. OL) to make Brady find them enticing.  Folks have to remember that, despite with how the Pats managed to scheme some of this away, the way to get at Brady is right up the gut.  Presently the Chargers have 1 year remaining of Mike Pouncey (who has relatively chronic hip issues) and then an interior OL that consists of Forrest Lamp who can never stay healthy, Michael Schofield who's best asset is that he can actually stay healthy - which paints over that he's pretty damn average, and guys who are JAG's at best.

And again, I'm a broken record at this point, but I feel like that's because people just plain don't even bother to listen, the "turnout" issue at Chargers home games isn't an unsold ticket issue, it's that people aren't willing to pay the 175%+ markup on tickets because Spanos indiscriminately sells season tickets to resale agencies because he's nearly as liquidity-poor as Mark Davis is - and he's already been on the hook for paying the relocation fee payments to the league for multiple years now.

• Like 2