Report: Patriots willing to spend 30m to Bring Brady Back

goldfishwars

At this point it would be too weird for Brady to be on a team other than New England. If he plays two more seasons there, he'll set a pro football record for most seasons with the same team (currently held by Lou Groza and Jason Hanson, though the former spent some of his time in the AAFC). He saw ultra limited time in 2000.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The salary cap is a myth.

It's a speed bump. Every person who associates high cap space with good GMing and low cap space with bad GMing is letting me know that they don't understand how the salary cap works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

To me, this is exactly what’s happening. 

Bill: Well, I’ll leak the 2 year 60M contract offer (30M guarantee only) for Tom out there so Pats fans don’t get mad. When in reality, Brady can get a 2 year 72M contract FULLY guaranteed by the Raiders or Chargers. 

I feel like the Raiders have less of an incentive to get Brady though.

I'm not sure he really makes them a SB contender and unlike with us, you're not desperate to try and gain fans.

If I'm the Raiders I would just try to draft a QB. Whether that being trading up for Tua/Herbert or taking Love.

Edited by Bolts223

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

I feel like the Raiders have less of an incentive to get Brady though.

I'm not sure he really makes them a SB contender and unlike with us, you're not desperate to try and gain fans.

If I'm the Raiders I would just try to draft a QB. Whether that being trading up for Tua/Herbert or taking Love.

Just like the Eagles in 2017 and 49ers in 2019, Raiders can contend for a SB with all the right moves: 

FA: QB Tom Brady, CB Byron Jones

Round 1: DT Javon Kinlaw, WR Brandon Aiyuk 

Certainly possible. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Just like the Eagles in 2017 and 49ers in 2019, Raiders can contend for a SB with all the right moves: 

FA: QB Tom Brady, CB Byron Jones

Round 1: DT Javon Kinlaw, WR Brandon Aiyuk 

Certainly possible. 

Raiders defense needs Pass rusher and starters at DT, 3 LBs, Safety and CB and a lot of depth just to have a functioning unit. And even then the DC is still a question mark.