General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

35 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Ahh, ok. I didn’t realize a 3 year deal was a normal Udfa contract. Good to know.

They are usually not guaranteed at all 

Some teams give signing bonuses of 100-300k but not for everyone 

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

They are usually not guaranteed at all 

Some teams give signing bonuses of 100-300k but not for everyone 

Teams actually have a limit on how much signing bonus $ they can give out across their entire UDFA class. In the past, it has been around $100K for all UDFA contracts combined. Where UDFAs get into the $100K+ range is with guaranteed salaries. For example, Darrion Daniels has $105K guaranteed, but only because $80K of that is guaranteed salary. He only actually got a signing bonus of $25K. From the data that we currently have, it looks like SF gave out a total of roughly $90K in signing bonuses, but around $360K in guaranteed salaries.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, struby3 said:

Teams actually have a limit on how much signing bonus $ they can give out across their entire UDFA class. In the past, it has been around $100K for all UDFA contracts combined. Where UDFAs get into the $100K+ range is with guaranteed salaries. For example, Darrion Daniels has $105K guaranteed, but only because $80K of that is guaranteed salary. He only actually got a signing bonus of $25K. From the data that we currently have, it looks like SF gave out a total of roughly $90K in signing bonuses, but around $360K in guaranteed salaries.

I think Daniels may be one of the best of our UDFAs. He is a space eater, which I believe is the reason they pursued him.

8 hours ago, struby3 said:

Great info, thank you for posting 

You gave this article a lot of context

https://www.yahoo.com/news/49ers-unexpected-279-bonus-undrafted-023722607.html 

Damn, I would frame that check if I was him 

So I’m going to throw it out there..

we should sign Gore. McKinnon is glass man.

RBBC:

Coleman

Gore

Mosert

Wilson

PS: Chase (Baylor kid)

Gore might not be as explosive as Wilson but is still probably the best inside runner in this group.

17 minutes ago, John232 said:

So I’m going to throw it out there..

we should sign Gore. McKinnon is glass man.

RBBC:

Coleman

Gore

Mosert

Wilson

PS: Chase (Baylor kid)

Gore might not be as explosive as Wilson but is still probably the best inside runner in this group.

I love Franky. No interest whatsoever lol. We have four rosterable as is, when really only three are needed, then two udfas, and I'd much rather give a call up to the two udfas then Gore. 

Signing Gore just strikes me as more sentimentality than anything

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is it me or does KB look way bigger

Yeah he looks more cut. I don’t know if he’s bigger, but he definitely looks like he’s been putting in work. 

Good too see. He’s not blowing by guys, But he does have the best hands of the WR group, so getting stronger should help with contested catch situations.

I like the moves this team has made this offseason, and it seems like we're set not only at starter, but depth too, for a lot of the roster (with RG being the biggest question mark). 

That being said..i'd still like to pick up another pass rusher. I know we have Ford, Bosa, Armstead, Blair...maybe will get solid contributions from others on the line too this year (Kinlaw). But its always good to have depth there, as we saw when Ford went down. 

What about Everson Griffen on a 1 year deal?

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I like the moves this team has made this offseason, and it seems like we're set not only at starter, but depth too, for a lot of the roster (with RG being the biggest question mark). 

That being said..i'd still like to pick up another pass rusher. I know we have Ford, Bosa, Armstead, Blair...maybe will get solid contributions from others on the line too this year (Kinlaw). But its always good to have depth there, as we saw when Ford went down. 

What about Everson Griffen on a 1 year deal?

Forgone conclusion he signs with Seattle if Clowney signs elsewhere. Not sure how we can fit his deal with Kittle's extension upcoming tbh. But maybe @Forge could find a way! 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY