General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm getting excited hopefully Hurd can stay healthy.

Peter King said he thought he was going to be the OROTY when he visited during TC last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Hurd lining up with Samuel as our 1-2. He’s a really exciting prospect for sure. Even just seeing him against Dallas in that one preseason game really got my hopes up with him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Peter King said he thought he was going to be the OROTY when he visited during TC last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Hurd lining up with Samuel as our 1-2. He’s a really exciting prospect for sure. Even just seeing him against Dallas in that one preseason game really got my hopes up with him. 

Man, that Dallas preseason game was such a tease. Hopes were like sky high

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, that Dallas preseason game was such a tease. Hopes were like sky high

I remember Crock's post TC practice videos and he was saying Deebo and Hurd were neck and neck. Hurd was actually someone Jimmy targeted in the two minute drill quite a bit in those practices. And yeah, then he scores two TDs against the Cowboys and we all thought we had our big RZ target lol. 

Let's see what he can bring this TC. 

10 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Not to be a revisionist but I am going to go there...as much as like Hurd's potential, I still wished we have double-dipped@DE. Crosby was sitting there, ready to be had and was a guy I thought could be developed alongside Bosa. Now I really didn't expect him to have the rookie year he did in Oakland but I could just envision a Bosa, Ford and Crosby 3-headed monster@DE wreaking havoc on QBs for the foreseeable future had we played it that way. 

But I do see alot potential in Hurd in this offense. Just need him to get on the field and make it happen. 

• Like 2

I am very much looking forward to our D-line play this year. I know we lost Buckner, but it still could be better than last year without him when you factor in Dee Ford's possibility of being healthy, Nick Bosa 2nd year and the addition of Kinlaw....I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that that unit could be better than last year.

If Dee Ford stays healthy and on the field, Bosa remains healthy, Armstead keeps trending up and Kinlaw/ D.J.Jones pick up the slack...makes me VERY optimistic.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137304-javon-kinlaw-among-three-reasons-believes-49ers-better/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

I am very much looking forward to our D-line play this year. I know we lost Buckner, but it still could be better than last year without him when you factor in Dee Ford's possibility of being healthy, Nick Bosa 2nd year and the addition of Kinlaw....I dont think its out of the realm of possibility that that unit could be better than last year.

If Dee Ford stays healthy and on the field, Bosa remains healthy, Armstead keeps trending up and Kinlaw/ D.J.Jones pick up the slack...makes me VERY optimistic.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137304-javon-kinlaw-among-three-reasons-believes-49ers-better/

Assuming health, I do think that the front will be better against the run, so I think that is good. Buckner is a better pass rusher than Kinlaw, but if Ford is healthy, we should make up that pressure we lose from Buck to Kinlaw there, and if AA regresses slightly with regards to total sack numbers, I think Bosa should see a couple of more...you know, just from being able to stay on his feet (hopefully). So I think the front can certainly be better than it was last year. The backend will have to continue to do their part.

Health will determine if our DL is better or not. If we still have depth by the end of the season unlike this year, then that will be huge. But Bosa played all 19 games last season and he's known to be injury prone so let's see how he holds up.

DL is going to be dominant again though no doubt.

What I'm looking for is our passing game to expand some and the young WRs to step up. That could ultimately determine if we win a SB or not. 

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Health will determine if our DL is better or not. If we still have depth by the end of the season unlike this year, then that will be huge. But Bosa played all 19 games last season and he's known to be injury prone so let's see how he holds up.

DL is going to be dominant again though no doubt.

What I'm looking for is our passing game to expand some and the young WRs to step up. That could ultimately determine if we win a SB or not. 

Bosa really only had that core injury in college where he shut it down I thought, correct? I don't know anything else that he missed a significant amount of time. 

I think Bosa is going to blow up next year. Dude was playing on an ankle that was maybe 75% last year and was still dominant. He left at least 5 sacks on the field last year and I gotta believe he’s been in Joey’s ear all offseason about how to finish those. I fully expect Bosa to have 15+ sacks next year. I will probably get the ‘He’s going to get more attention this year than last year’ argument, but the dude had plenty of attention last year, so that doesn’t worry me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think Bosa is going to blow up next year. Dude was playing on an ankle that was maybe 75% last year and was still dominant. He left at least 5 sacks on the field last year and I gotta believe he’s been in Joey’s ear all offseason about how to finish those. I fully expect Bosa to have 15+ sacks next year. I will probably get the ‘He’s going to get more attention this year than last year’ argument, but the dude had plenty of attention last year, so that doesn’t worry me.

He should manage at least 3 more sacks if he just figures out how to stay on his feet and not fall down

qoute from about text Deebo Samuel is in for a huge Year Two, projecting that he should be targeting 1,500 all-purpose yards next season.

also he says McKinnon knee isn't bother him and is faster then ever. They also talk Ahkello weatherspoon who he also trains. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 2