News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

23 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We signed CB Daryl Worley

Diggs, Robinson, Lewis, Brown, Canady, Worley, Smith, Westry, Goodwin. Burton and White  .... I might be missing one more too.  Easy to see why team is considering moving Chido. CB is getting crowded while S is short handed with only 4 heading into camp.  Also the size the coaching staff appears to prefer probably doesn't bode well for Jourdan Lewis. That and all signs are pointing to press coverage moving forward. 

Lewis and a draft pick for Adams....GO!!  Hell, lets throw in Chido too. 

17 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I like that they're stacking the CB room. Let the best 6 win

Is there an opportunity to flip one of  Awuzie or Lewis?

All are free agents next year. We most likely wont be bringing all of them back. Can one of them be flipped for OJ?

Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Robinson, Worley, Canada, Goodwin is decent depth.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Is there an opportunity to flip one of  Awuzie or Lewis?

All are free agents next year. We most likely wont be bringing all of them back. Can one of them be flipped for OJ?

Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Robinson, Worley, Canada, Goodwin is decent depth.

I kind of doubt it. Neither one is going to hold a lot of value in the trade market, and there isn't much purpose in making a question mark for 2020 into a legit weakness.

I'd rather just let those guys play this year. There is a pretty decent chance that a solid season will lead to us getting just as much back in a comp pick as we could by trading them now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I kind of doubt it. Neither one is going to hold a lot of value in the trade market, and there isn't much purpose in making a question mark for 2020 into a legit weakness.

I'd rather just let those guys play this year. There is a pretty decent chance that a solid season will lead to us getting just as much back in a comp pick as we could by trading them now.

Understood their trade market may be low but I dont think OJ Howard's market is relatively strong right now either. He has potential but it hasnt translated yet.

If their value isnt high, it is because they are question marks. If that's the case, losing one of them, shouldnt turn it into a weakness. I rather move Awuzie than turn him into a safety.

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Understood their trade market may be low but I dont think OJ Howard's market is relatively strong right now either. He has potential but it hasnt translated yet.

If their value isnt high, it is because they are question marks. If that's the case, losing one of them, shouldnt turn it into a weakness. I rather move Awuzie than turn him into a safety.

Lewis and Chido may not be stars, but they have been in our building for 3 seasons and are probably the most reliable bodies you have at the position right now. Their trade value is low, because trading mid-tier vets with only 1 year left on their contract does not garner a lot of return in the open market. But make no mistake, our cornerbacks will be worse off without them. And what are you going to get in return? A 6th rounder, at best?

The trade market for vets is almost always low. That doesn't mean it's not a downgrade when you trade them away, and your comp pick for either one could very well exceed what you get in a trade.

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Diggs, Robinson, Lewis, Brown, Canady, Worley, Smith, Westry, Goodwin. Burton and White  .... I might be missing one more too.  Easy to see why team is considering moving Chido. CB is getting crowded while S is short handed with only 4 heading into camp.  Also the size the coaching staff appears to prefer probably doesn't bode well for Jourdan Lewis. That and all signs are pointing to press coverage moving forward. 

Lewis and a draft pick for Adams....GO!!  Hell, lets throw in Chido too. 

I believe Lewis was pretty good in Michigan in bump and run coverage. I think he prefers it 

• Like 1