Why do the Raiders hate Derek Carr and wish for him to be dead?

Ty21

On 2/24/2020 at 1:44 PM, Yin-Yang said:

Not denying that that happened. 

I’m denying that the offense is a stacked unit that apparently is built to be a big-play machine, but couldn’t be, because of Carr.

Try for nearly 3 seasons now.

The offense isn't elite but it is certainly not devoid of talent which a lot of Derek Carr supporters claim that he needs more around him to succeed. 

If you actually go across each position on the Raiders offense, they have high ranking performing players in several positions

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

PFF only grades box scores. Therefore, our WR core is 31 cause Carr doesn’t get them the ball. 

But they directly contradict that in the article. As I said, I'm not a fan of PFF but if you are going to use them to boost an argument for Foster Moreau or the OL or Jacobs or whoever then you cant just rubbish them when they contradict your other points. That is called fitting the evidence to your narrative and you lose credibility. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

But they directly contradict that in the article. As I said, I'm not a fan of PFF but if you are going to use them to boost an argument for Foster Moreau or the OL or Jacobs or whoever then you cant just rubbish them when they contradict your other points. That is called fitting the evidence to your narrative and you lose credibility. 

The only thing I mentioned was the grade. The 21 of 23 thing was not done by PFF. They don’t watch football games. Also, it was part of the article quote. 

Edited by BayRaider

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Try for nearly 3 seasons now.

The offense isn't elite but it is certainly not devoid of talent which a lot of Derek Carr supporters claim that he needs more around him to succeed. 

If you actually go across each position on the Raiders offense, they have high ranking performing players in several positions

Carr does need more around him to succeed...that sort of goes with your point. He’s not good enough to take decent talent and make them look better than they are. 

Is your position that the Raiders have a top NFL offense that was held back by Carr, like some others ITT? 

23 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Carr does need more around him to succeed...that sort of goes with your point. He’s not good enough to take decent talent and make them look better than they are. 

Is your position that the Raiders have a top NFL offense that was held back by Carr, like some others ITT? 

Finally we agree on something. Carr needs an utterly all-star offense to succeed. 2016 he had two legit #1 WRs, and the #1 Pass Protection, heck one of the best Pass Protection in the history of the league. No sacks from his blindside until the injury. 

Carr is not a franchise QB in the way he makes talent around him better. He won’t throw WRs open like franchise QBs, and he needs legendary offensive lines because of how poor his pocket presence is. Since Carr came into the league his pass protections have been: 11th, 4th, 1st, 4th, 26th, and 2nd. And Bear fans were debating him with a 20’s OL, I talked them out of that real quick. Not to mention Carr is 0-6 in sub 40 degrees with a 68 QB Rating. 

The only team I see Carr succeeding on is the Colts. #1 Pass Protection. Solid weapons, decent running game, and offense that schemes WRs wide open. Plus a dome. It’s a great fit for him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Finally we agree on something. Carr needs an utterly all-star offense to succeed. 2016 he had two legit #1 WRs, and the #1 Pass Protection, heck one of the best Pass Protection in the history of the league. No sacks from his blindside until the injury. 

Carr is not a franchise QB in the way he makes talent around him better. He won’t throw WRs open like franchise QBs, and he needs legendary offensive lines because of how poor his pocket presence is. Since Carr came into the league his pass protections have been: 11th, 4th, 1st, 4th, 26th, and 2nd. And Bear fans were debating him with a 20’s OL, I talked them out of that real quick. Not to mention Carr is 0-6 in sub 40 degrees with a 68 QB Rating. 

The only team I see Carr succeeding on is the Colts. #1 Pass Protection. Solid weapons, decent running game, and offense that schemes WRs wide open. Plus a dome. It’s a great fit for him. 

That’s what I’ve been saying (along with the Raiders O in terms of talent, isn’t quite top of the league though it is quite good). Among those mid-tier starters, I’d say he’s middle of the pack. A guy like Stafford is probably near the top of that group (or Cousins, depending how you view him), in that they can make things work better than guys like Carr or Dalton. But they’re not the Watson’s of the world, or even the Dak/Wentz’. 

Indy is a good fit. I think Tennessee actually would be a good fit as well, although I can see them wanting to stay away from a gun shy QB after Mariota (and I don’t see anyway, at worst, Tannehill isn’t their QB next year). Other than those, I don’t see any sure-fire fits for Carr. I still think Gruden/Mayock keep him for another year.

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

PFF only grades box scores. Therefore, our WR core is 31 cause Carr doesn’t get them the ball. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The only thing I mentioned was the grade. The 21 of 23 thing was not done by PFF. They don’t watch football games. Also, it was part of the article quote. 

I'm not a big fan of PFF, but this is simply untrue.

Additionally, the quote, including the 21 of 23, was entirely from a PFF article.

• Like 4

Ppl forget that perception matters so much.    Carr’s great season with a fantastic cast is more than balanced by perceived underperforming in other years. Rightly or wrongly that label is hard to shed.   

Then when you add in plays like this: 

and this...

Then you get the dreaded “lacks heart / will to win” label.    Once that happens it’s hard to overcome that perception.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Ppl forget that perception matters so much.    Carr’s great season with a fantastic cast is more than balanced by perceived underperforming in other years. Rightly or wrongly that label is hard to shed.   

Then when you add in plays like this: 

and this...

Then you get the dreaded “lacks heart / will to win” label.    Once that happens it’s hard to overcome that perception.  

Who could he have thrown to in that 4th and 5 situation? The defenders are near him and the nearest target is covered by 2 guys. That was just poorly executed play and playcall.

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Who could he have thrown to in that 4th and 5 situation? The defenders are near him and the nearest target is covered by 2 guys. That was just poorly executed play and playcall.

I mean just chuck a jump ball to the middle of the field if you have to. At least there's a chance at a play being made or a penalty being called.

Throwing it away gives you zero chance to win. 

• Like 1