Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

DAMN YOU COVID

DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!

Poor ScarJo just can't get a break. She finally gets her own MCU movie, and then this happens.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah it's happening, they're trying to keep it just limited to ST (which will announce dropping fan attendance shortly) as a trial to see if they can make it workable.

But by Monday they'll suspend the season.

It is inevitable, I'm sure they want to avoid the NBAs current situation

1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

It is inevitable, I'm sure they want to avoid the NBAs current situation

The health authorities are helping them make the decision, but its a fair guess the legal eagles are joining in too
Hosting thousands of fans in the current environment probably incurs some liability -  and that too can be quite The Decider

44 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:
47 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Update*

Big Pharma excitedly announces cure! Average costs range from anywhere between $500-$600 per person out of pocket, only costs $.03 to make.

China, a country where health care is not free BTW (it is relatively cheap, but not free) is literally just saying "no, screw the insurance companies, we'll just pay everything for you because that's what you pay taxes for" at this point.

Effing flu vaccines are $50 out of pocket I can only imagine how these bloodsuckers are imagining the profit they'll make on any potential vaccine they patent the "release mechanism" for during a literal pandemic.

Not to be an a-hole, but ignoring the price concerns, the disease is only a few months old. Any vaccine or treatment this year would be a pretty amazing accomplishment. 

Obviously this isn't the same as the HIV outbreak, but there was a decade plus before HIV treatments did anything.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not to be an a-hole, but ignoring the price concerns, the disease is only a few months old. Any vaccine or treatment this year would be a pretty amazing accomplishment. 

Obviously this isn't the same as the HIV outbreak, but there was a decade plus before HIV treatments did anything.

It's all still extremely tentative but this is what happens when you, you know, literally throw financial value and price concerns to the wind and just tell every lab in the country/world "here are unlimited resources, make it work".

Almost like we don't need this incredibly inefficient system in order to give people "innovation".

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Poor ScarJo just can't get a break. She finally gets her own MCU movie, and then this happens.

I can't click on the link at work.  How is that about ScarJo?  The topic in the tweet is Fast and Furious 9?

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's all still extremely tentative but this is what happens when you, you know, literally throw financial value and price concerns to the wind and just tell every lab in the country/world "here are unlimited resources, make it work".

Almost like we don't need this incredibly inefficient system in order to give people "innovation".

These kinds of posts are the precursors to getting the thread locked.  Tread carefully.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm not defending the US health care system or anything.

I just wanted to note that it's worthwhile that in the past 30 years, the response time to a potential treatment might be 20x faster.