Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

Hitting my hotel hard today.  Corporate sent out a mass email saying anybody can cancel without any penalty due to Coronavirus and now everyone is using that as an excuse on non-cancellable reservations they tried to cancel 3 months ago.  It’s bull****.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Hitting my hotel hard today.  Corporate sent out a mass email saying anybody can cancel without any penalty due to Coronavirus and now everyone is using that as an excuse on non-cancellable reservations they tried to cancel 3 months ago.  It’s bull****.  

would you rather more people came in?

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

would you rather more people came in?

Yes.  I’m 31 years old.  I’ll survive.  I don’t want them to come in, I just want their money.  It’s the biggest reason I’m a fan of no change no cancel reservations.  People make them to save 10-30 bucks and they’re made 6-9 months out.  No plans last that long, and about 50% of the advance purchase reservations don’t even come in and we get the money for it.  

Everyone just got a get out of jail free card and it’s bull****.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

So... People who can't work because of the Coronavirus... They see eligible for unemployment right? I mean... They have to be

From the sounds of it, there’s a few different ideas floating through legislation right now to help anyone impacted by it. 

53 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

The first case of this was just reported in a city I’m 10 minutes from. I’m going to go try and contract it so my body can build up an immunity. Wish me luck

George Carlin would be proud of you

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm wondering if Airbnb is going to take a similar strategy. I have a reservation I may need to cancel, but I'm inside the period where they start taking my money. 

Anyway, I get both sides. You're losing a little, gaining on customer service. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/sk/coronavirus-vaccine-made-in-saskatchewan-is-now-in-the-testing-stages

Long way to go before it’s viable, assuming it even is. But good signs there.

I know of one major pharmaceutical company that believes they're 13 months away from a working vaccine. No matter who is first, it needs to be thoroughly tested to ensure the cure isn't worse.

• Like 1

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/ohio-department-of-health-says-100-000-ohioans-are-carrying-coronavirus

COLUMBUS, Ohio — More than 100,000 people are believed to be infected with the coronavirus, according statements by officials with the Ohio Department of Health during a Thursday afternoon news conference.

100,000 infected in Ohio? That sounds rather excessive... Not sure if that is right.

Edited by The Third Rider

1 minute ago, The Third Rider said:

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus/ohio-department-of-health-says-100-000-ohioans-are-carrying-coronavirus

COLUMBUS, Ohio — More than 100,000 people are believed to be infected with the coronavirus, according statements by officials with the Ohio Department of Health during a Thursday afternoon news conference.

100,000 infected? That sounds rather excessive... Not sure if that is right.

@NateDawg is this true...are you still alive...

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes.  I’m 31 years old.  I’ll survive.  I don’t want them to come in, I just want their money.  It’s the biggest reason I’m a fan of no change no cancel reservations.  People make them to save 10-30 bucks and they’re made 6-9 months out.  No plans last that long, and about 50% of the advance purchase reservations don’t even come in and we get the money for it.  

Everyone just got a get out of jail free card and it’s bull****.  

Do you see a direct profit from their stay?

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
Oops