Titans extend QB Ryan Tannehill

SteelKing728

Just now, TheGame316 said:

Who were the Titans competition here?

Does anyone not see he benefited from having one of the best running games in the league?

Talk about negotiating against yourselves.....

Eerily similar to Foles while having better reg season stretch but without the postseason heroics.

Idk... we'll see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

He's been more rumored to San Francisco and Las Vegas, though? 

Yep but I just don't really buy the rumors with any of the rest of them. Niners thing just seems like sportswriters wishcasting some fun narratives, and the Raiders aren't close enough to championship contention for me to buy Brady ending his career there. You could at least talk yourself into Brady with the Titans - some nice pieces on offense, coming off a successful season, strong ties to their head coach. Any other move at this point is just Brady going for a payday/cushy semi-retirement gig and I just don't see him willing to go out like that. 

If they can recapture the magic they had the backend of last year... they defeated the MVP and the GOAT. I know it's more complicated than that but... I don't blame them for losing to Mahomes whom is on thermonuclear levels of explosiveness.

I've always liked Tannehill. I think we were down 3 (edit: 2 but with a stacked team) possessions to him in 2014 Manning era, I want to say. At home. Barely beat him.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Eerily similar to Foles while having better reg season stretch but without the postseason heroics.

Idk... we'll see.

the foles and keenum comparisons to me are somewhat off-base because they both pretty much had one great season and a slew of terrible ones and were career backups prior to their breakout years. tannehill in miami played at a higher level more consistently than foles or keenum ever have in their careers.

that said, you certainly wouldn't love to pay this kind of money for miami tannehill. so yeah, we'll see.