Titans extend QB Ryan Tannehill

SteelKing728

Signing a QB to a long term deal that doesn't set the market or even put him in the top 5 in money is fine by me. He probably falls even lower than 7th after several other deals get done.

Would have ideally tagged him and let him done it one more year, but not mad at this deal.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

If they can recapture the magic they had the backend of last year... they defeated the MVP and the GOAT. I know it's more complicated than that but... I don't blame them for losing to Mahomes whom is on thermonuclear levels of explosiveness.

I've always liked Tannehill. I think we were down 3 (edit: 2 but with a stacked team) possessions to him in 2014 Manning era, I want to say. At home. Barely beat him.

Aaand you're now at 100.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Further proof that front offices are more concerned with being not-terrible than they are with being great.

Titans are afraid of going for greatness.

Have you seen the QB play since McNair's MVP season here?

Tannehill balled out. He's shown flashes before. There's an easy out after 2 years, so if he struggles/regresses then they aren't stuck with him. The number is way lower than the franchise tag, so they save cap room to re-sign Henry and either re-sign Conklin or play around in free agency.

He's the 7th highest paid on APY at this very moment, but that will be 10th or lower in a little bit with Prescott, Watson, Mahomes, and potentially Brady beating it.

He's about to be paid like a slightly above average QB (after playing like a top 3 QB last season) on a contract that's relatively team friendly. I don't see the problem.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 5

there's an out after two years and the number this year is *lower* than the tag. idk what the issue is here. i understand of course that people don't necessarily trust tannehill to stay good, and that's a legit concern, but out of our options i think this was one of the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there's an out after two years and the number this year is *lower* than the tag. idk what the issue is here. i understand of course that people don't necessarily trust tannehill to stay good, and that's a legit concern, but out of our options i think this was one of the best.

Most people are going to question if he's worth it. But if the team and fans are comfortable with it who cares what they question. I agree aside from the draft there weren't many better options and you aren't really in a position to get something via draft. 

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

This is what gets me. Same with Henry. Titans should've just gone for a transition tag. What team would've offered more than than this.

All it takes is one team to love him to drive him out of town. Bucs, Chargers, Colts, Raiders, Patriots, who knows. Of course I would have loved for him to be brought back well below market, but that just wasn't a realistic option.