Titans extend QB Ryan Tannehill

SteelKing728

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Did they use the franchise tag on someone else already? If not, why not Tannehill? 

Prob would of if couldnt get this deal done, now most likely will put the franchise tag Derrick Henry

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Where's this put him in terms as highest paid QBs? If he finishes out his career strong in Tennessee does he become a better draft pick than Luck?

I believe 7th highest paid.

As far as the latter, hell no.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Oof...I don't like that at all. 

I just don't get who was going to pay him all that money. Reminds me of paying Foles with no other suitor to "make him feel like he was the franchise guy" instead of just paying him what he's worth/should be paid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I just don't get who was going to pay him all that money. Reminds me of paying Foles with no other suitor to "make him feel like he was the franchise guy" instead of just paying him what he's worth/should be paid.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think this pans out, but I'm also not sure you could afford to not do it at the same time. Real tough situation, IMO.

Precisely what I was thinking.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Further proof that front offices are more concerned with being not-terrible than they are with being great.

Titans are afraid of going for greatness.

Who else are they going to get?

I don't understand this logic. There's literally only a handful of legit franchise guys.