Packers sign RT Rick Wagner

Lodestar

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If there's one thing you can say about Gutekunst, he very clearly prefers to buy low in free agency. 

Z. Smith with his elite pressure/sack ratio and interior rush metrics

P. Smith with his strong coverage metrics in limited snaps.

Amos with his great coverage metrics despite a lack of turnover plays.

Turner with his down season at Tackle but strong season at Guard.

Kirksey and Wagner coming off of injury and down years. 

He signs top tier second tier players it seems like. Players that are potentially ready to explode. However I'm cautious about these signings like last year.

8 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Really wishing hard that Spriggs will be great. Closing eyes tightly. Wishing, wishing.

Do you believe Spriggs is still in their plans?  If not it really is shame to have a kid we moved up to get fail like this.

3 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Wagner was ******* terrible in 2019. 

He pulls the numbers from PFF, but doesn't bother posting the 59.0 overall grade. Classic Twitter commentator.

He played hurt last year, why? no ******* clue on that Lions squad. That hurt his production. But let's please not act like he was anything other than lousy last year.

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wagner was ******* terrible in 2019. 

He pulls the numbers from PFF, but doesn't bother posting the 59.0 overall grade. Classic Twitter commentator.

He played hurt last year, why? no ******* clue on that Lions squad. That hurt his production. But let's please not act like he was anything other than lousy last year.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath that he's going to fix the RT alone, hopefully we draft a guy relatively high to compete with him.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Yeah I'm not holding my breath that he's going to fix the RT alone, hopefully we draft a guy relatively high to compete with him.

I'm not to be overly negative here, Wagner can play when healthy. 

If he stays healthy, we're probably getting around league average RT production, probably a little better. We took that same gamble last year on Bulaga and it worked. I don't know if you can go back to that same well and not expect the bucket to come up dry. 

22 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I legit have a sincere distrust/lack of respect for grown men who still go by a name ending in Y. 🤷

Yeah my middle name is Ricky. Though R is the only part I let the world see, and then only if forced to give up the initial for a legal document. I blatantly lie if asked directly about the R. As an example, my given name is like Garth Brooks in that it is a strong pairing of single syllable hammer blows. Adding Ricky, as in Garth Ricky Brooks, emasculates.

I got a nasty twinge every time Ricky Wagner’s name was mentioned in game broadcasts. It’s that painful for me.

So welcome aboard, Rick. Thanks for dropping the Y.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I legit have a sincere distrust/lack of respect for grown men who still go by a name ending in Y. 🤷

to be fair, I think big dudes can get away with it. if you're 5'8", 150 lbs going by Ricky I feel you. But I feel like there's a difference when you're the big dude with the juvenile name. It takes on a kind of irony at that point.

Also depends on the name. Tommy will never be cool.