Hopkins traded from Texans to Arizona

The Gnat

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would Houston have any say in the Physical he will be taking? That's one of those Pandora's Boxes they can't close! Just have to live with the Stupidity of it.

Now them failing DJ? Now that is a possibility?

It would be similar to the Duane Brown to Seattle trade. The trade was originally for CB Jeremy Lane, a future 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick. Lane failed his physical, so Seattle backed Lane out of the trade and upped the 4th to a 3rd.

Maybe that's the plan? Fail DJ, get Arizona to up the deal from 40th to 13th? I've heard a few people close to the team mention this... doubt it would happen, but there's precedence.

It would still suck a lot, but not as much as taking on DJ. CeeDee Lamb would be a much better selection in lieu of everything...

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Any chance Hou says Johnson failed a physical to back out of this deal 

You're not the only one suggesting this. Several folks suggesting this might actually happen.

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It would be similar to the Duane Brown to Seattle trade. The trade was originally for CB Jeremy Lane, a future 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick. Lane failed his physical, so Seattle backed Lane out of the trade and upped the 4th to a 3rd.

Maybe that's the plan? Fail DJ, get Arizona to up the deal from 40th to 13th? I've heard a few people close to the team mention this... doubt it would happen, but there's precedence.

It would still suck a lot, but not as much as taking on DJ. CeeDee Lamb would be a much better selection in lieu of everything...

I thought  the reason that happened was because Brown was sent at the trade deadline. They didn't go back and add those stipulations later to keep the deal going through, it was made at the time. Otherwise the trade would have just unraveled and both teams would have been unhappy and there was nothing they could have done about it since it was at the deadline.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fidgit said:

I thought  the reason that happened was because Brown was sent at the trade deadline. They didn't go back and add those stipulations later to keep the deal going through, it was made at the time. Otherwise the trade would have just unraveled and both teams would have been unhappy and there was nothing they could have done about it since it was at the deadline.

While this makes sense and is probably right, I don't think the Cardinals will let this sort of deal for a top 3 WR unravel. If it means turning that 2nd into a 1st, I can't see Arizona changing their mind.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Arizona picks 8th

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

While this makes sense and is probably right, I don't think the Cardinals will let this sort of deal for a top 3 WR unravel. If it means turning that 2nd into a 1st, I can't see Arizona changing their mind.

Turning a 2nd for a top 8 pick? I could absolutely see Arizona changing their mind.

9 hours ago, Counselor said:
10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Arizona picks 8th

Even better. The Cardinals are going to send division rivals 9ers pick to the Texans. 4d chess by the Cards.

3 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Turning a 2nd for a top 8 pick? I could absolutely see Arizona changing their mind.

You're not finding a better PLAYER at pick 8 than Hopkins - position be damned. Nobody in this draft is immediately better than Hop, and the odds are that maybe 1-2 guys get to a spot where they're in the conversation.

If anyone doesn't do that deal, they're overvaluing picks - guys who have three consecutive 1st Team All Pro nods and are entering their prime don't traditionally come up for acquisition. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, throw that #8 pick into this trade. 

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're not finding a better PLAYER at pick 8 than Hopkins - position be damned. Nobody in this draft is immediately better than Hop, and the odds are that maybe 1-2 guys get to a spot where they're in the conversation.

If anyone doesn't do that deal, they're overvaluing picks - guys who have three consecutive 1st Team All Pro nods and are entering their prime don't traditionally come up for acquisition. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, throw that #8 pick into this trade. 

Yeah there is no way anyone is turning down this trade, even with the 8th overall pick being thrown in, unless Bob suddenly becomes the GM/owner of Arizona in the next day or two. Then we'll see. 

• Like 1