Which 0-2 team will make the playoffs?

Webmaster

Which 0-2 team will make the playoffs?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which 0-2 team will make the playoffs?

• Bears
    • Bengals
    • Browns
    • Chargers
    • Colts
    • Giants
    • Jets
    • Saints
    • 49ers
    • None

If it's going to be anyone, it's going to be an AFC team.  The depth in that division is kind of bad right now.

Best chance to the Chargers, slight hope for the Colts (though their chances are quickly dying the longer Luck is out), and a tiny sliver of hope to the Bengals depending on how the offense looks with the new OC (the defense has looked very good so far, without Burfict).

I don't give the NFC teams much chance.

But ultimately i think it's none.

Statistically, I know that at least one 0-2 team typically makes the postseason but each of these teams are so dreadful I really can't see it. Usually there's at least a couple that were dealt really hard games right off the bat but are actually good. All of these teams are trash.

Chargers are the most likely, as they have the best team of the bunch but the AFC West is so good right now and they are clearly the worst team in it. I think the Saints could potentially make the postseason if they make a big defensive adjustment. Giants are also a possibility if they can recover from their OL being utter garbage. But I think its like 90% none.

This is the kind of thing where none of those individual outcomes are very likely at all, but there are enough possibilities that one will probably happen. Even if there is only a 7% chance for 10 independent events (some teams are better/worse than that), then there is a 51.6% chance that at least one of them happens.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Bengals. Losing two at home is tough, but they can steal one back from the Ravens, who may be down a full roster by week 17. They are one of the most talented teams on that list, will get Burfict back, and we've seen offenses dramatically bounce back after a scapegoat coordinator firing. I think it's more likely the AFC North gets the second wild card than the AFC West. The schedule will favor them once the AFC West starts playing each other. 

Bears - Not a chance.  They need to avoid throwing Trubisky in there this season.  They don't have the receivers necessary for him to succeed this year.

Bengals - They have a chance, but I don't think so.  Their chance is if their new offensive coordinator can turn things around and get that offense clicking on all cylinders.

Browns - Lol, they're the Browns.  Seriously though, I think the Browns are improving as a team despite their record.  But they're not there yet.  Give them a year or two of staying the course and I think they will make the playoffs.

Chargers - Even assuming they don't suffer eight hundred thousand injuries, I don't think so.  The AFC West in the strongest division in football and they have pretty easy out of division schedules.  I could easily see the Broncos making the playoffs as the 6 seed at 11-5.  If anything, that is why I don't think the Bengals are going to make it.  I expect three playoff teams out of the AFC West. 

Colts - They have the best chance in a weak division if Luck can return. 

Giants -  A lot of people expect the Giants to go on a run..... but not with Eli Manning's dead arm. 

Saints - This may sounds crazy, but I think they have the talent on both sides of the ball to make the playoffs, but they don't have the coaching.  I never realized how bad Sean Peyton was at utilizing a run game.  They need to figure out how to use Adrian Peterson quick, fast and in a hurry.   They might as well be announcing on the loudspeakers WE'RE GIVING THE BALL TO AD every time Peterson goes in the game.   Yes, AD is not the best at pass blocking or catching, but.... it's not like he's never caught a pass before.  Play action pass is a thing too.   

49ers - Maybe if they had Kirk Cousins at QB.  Which I fully expect to happen next year. 

Jets - XZSjorg.gif

I don't expect them to make the playoffs for a long..... long..... long time.  I think the Browns have a better shot at the Superbowl in the next three to five years than the Jets have at the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

None, but the best chance is the Colts IMO *Assuming Luck comes back.

From the reports, it doesn't sound like it's a strong chance Luck comes back anytime soon. Colts will very likely be out of the running by that point, which probably leads to them just resting Luck (no point in letting him play recovering from injury in a lost year... better to get him healthy for 2018).

Without Luck, the Colts are easily the 2nd worst team in the NFL, only ahead of the Jets. Considering they don't play, we could actually see two 0-16 teams this year lol.

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Nope, they're two kicks away from beating the Dolphins and being in OVERTIME with the Broncos. A Broncos team that had dominated them for 3 quarters and would have been out of sight if it was not for two freaky turnovers that gave them good field position. Even if they make that kick, there's still a 50-50 chance of them losing, perhaps even more.

Correct. My bad. Game was late and I watched it from work, sometimes the important details slip my mind haha.

Main point was that the Chargers are the only 0-2 team to actually look competent and competitive against good teams.

Of these teams, the Chargers have looked the best (just as easily 2-0), but at 0-2 with the remaining schedule they have? Not to mention winning that division is at least 11 wins, I give them little hope.

Giants have looked like trash, but they've been without their best player (not himself against Lions) and still are the same very talented team that went 11-5 last season. Being in the NFCE they could maybe win the division with 9 or 10 wins too. I give them a chance to turn it around.

If I had to bet though, none of them make it.

Chargers, Saints, and Giants have the best chances out of the group. I just don't think either of them get in though with the division being so tough as it is. Not only that but the Saints have a horrible defense again and the Giants offensive line problems will only continue to linger throughout the year. I don't see either situation getting any better.

48 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

From the reports, it doesn't sound like it's a strong chance Luck comes back anytime soon. Colts will very likely be out of the running by that point, which probably leads to them just resting Luck (no point in letting him play recovering from injury in a lost year... better to get him healthy for 2018).

Without Luck, the Colts are easily the 2nd worst team in the NFL, only ahead of the Jets. Considering they don't play, we could actually see two 0-16 teams this year lol.

It would be the most Jets thing ever if they go 0-16 but the Colts get the #1 pick and trade it to someone who leapfrogs over the Jets.

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

It would be the most Jets thing ever if they go 0-16 but the Colts get the #1 pick and trade it to someone who leapfrogs over the Jets.

The most Jets thing would be to get the #1 pick, and then trade down in the first round twice, passing on two future HoF QB's selected with the picks they traded down from and then selecting a defensive player who isn't an edge rusher.  One who leaves after five years to go to another team and wins two Super Bowls there.

Archived