Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

The first US death from the Coronavirus was four weeks ago today on February 29. It took 27 days to go from 1 death to 1,000 deaths in the US.

Now the US is over 2,000 deaths. That second 1,000 deaths took less than 3 days.

The number of deaths today is already over 400.

*As of earlier today

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Fwiw I thought the reaction was a little severe at the time too. 

I was also 19ish and indestructible. So there's that too. 

For some reason I always assumed you were in your mid to late 40s tbh

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

You were required to stay 6’ away from customers before the pandemic anyway tho right 

No. You’re wrong.

Its 600’ and it only applies to schools. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I miss the simpler days when I thought WWIII was going to happen with Iran.

My friends dad thought Y2K was real and loaded up with all kinds of survival gear and apocalypse supplies 

we were in 4th grade. we had so much fun playing make believe about that stuff. 

he let us try on his night vision goggles to “cheat” while playing kick the can at night. They sucked, you couldn’t see anything. 

he was also a moron, if y2k happened he would’ve been dead in a weeks time 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

My friends dad thought Y2K was real and loaded up with all kinds of survival gear and apocalypse supplies 

we were in 4th grade. we had so much fun playing make believe about that stuff. 

he let us try on his night vision goggles to “cheat” while playing kick the can at night. They sucked, you couldn’t see anything. 

he was also a moron, if y2k happened he would’ve been dead in a weeks time 

Needs those gen 3 nods tbh

Johns Hopkins will offer a free online course about the coronavirus pandemic and how it can be combatted through epidemiology. Offered publicly on the e-learning platform Coursera, the five-hour course is now open for enrollment and runs March 31 through April 14.

This free, beginner-level course is designed for those who want a better understanding of how epidemiologists identify and measure infectious disease outbreaks such as COVID-19. The course aims to explore the science behind pressing questions such as how many people have been infected, how infections are identified and measured, how infectious is the virus, and what can be done to combat it.

The course is led by three epidemiologists from the Bloomberg School of Public Health:

Link to the free course

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pwny said:

Some very important advice:

Bears WRs can’t catch it cause they’re 10 feet away but try to imagine an eagles WR instead, they can’t catch anything regardless