Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, mission27 said:

Do you not understand the concept of what a % is

overhead picture of people staring at a wall

duh

17 minutes ago, mission27 said:

4/5/2020 MoL Scores:

"Trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall." - Taylor Swift 

Slowly, steadily, we are getting there tbh

Tier 1: Outbreak under control, safe to begin relaxing social distancing measures

China: 1.4 

South Korea: 2.1

Tier 2: New case growth is minimal suggesting social distancing is working, likely a few weeks away from breaking into tier 1

Austria: 4.2 (knock knock knocking on smugness door)

Australia: 4.5 (@Shady Slim and the MoL will be getting bottle service in a club down under in the very near future, let me tell you, until #seasonality strikes and ya booms them again in a few weeks)

Italy: 6.0 (we said Italy needed to show downward trend in new case numbers to avoid stalling out, and they did today, lets hope they keep it up!)

Hong Kong: 6.0 (Hong Kong is doing just fine)

Switzerland: 6.3 

Netherlands: 9.3 

Iran: 10.1 

Germany: 10.3 (FYI there was a calculation error yesterday, MoL has fired one of our minions for it, last 3 days MoL trend shoudl be 10.9-11.1-10.3)

Tier 3: Countries in this group that are showing increased MoLs have the potential to go deep into the danger zones, but countries with falling MoLs may only be a couple of days from tier 2 status and may have already peaked in gross # of new casesIreland: 10.1

Spain: 10.5 (@malagabears I think you are a day away from jumping into the next tier tbh)

Portugal: 10.6

Sweden: 11.3 (I mean, its not not working, tbh)

Philippines: 11.9 (seasonality, what did I tell you people)

Israel: 12.0

Global (NEW): 13.1 (big movement downard, tbh)

Belgium: 13.3 (not a great trend tbh)

USA: 16.7 (numbers have really slowed the last few days, impossible to ignore that, there does seem to be a trend for lower numbers over the weekend tho se we'll see what the next few days bring... hopeful no new hot spots develop)

Japan (NEW): 17.4 (consistent movement in the wrong direction... not great... @Malfatron)

Tier 4: Aggressive growth, still likely have not peaked in single day cases, and likely a week or two minimum from peak in deaths (however many of these countries are still slowing down)

Canada: 19.0 (mission's favorite country is showing some signs of progress, @JBURGE we're praying for ya)

UK: 19.5 (bad day in the UK between numbers and their prime minister getting sent to the hospital, lets all hope for the best)

Brazil: 20.5 (headed in the right direction...)

Turkey: 20.7

France: 20.8 (like we said yesterday, MoL expects them back in Tier 3 in the very near future) 

India: 46.7 (lets hope their MoL has truly peaked and not just a temporary plateau)

MoL.png

The MoL would like to thank everyone for their contributions to this important work including @ET80 @acowboys62 @dtait93 @Dome @naptownskinsfan @kingseanjohn @Malfatron @Shady Slim @malagabears @daboyle250and the others who love us so much

@TLO

We cannot forget @Webmaster for giving us such a platform. He makes this all possible. 

MoL 2020

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The US has 200K more cases than Spain but 3000 less deaths. Is that because the US has more cases in the early stages or have they tested that much more?

Combination of the 2 

US also has relatively more ICU bed and ventilators than almost any other country (people dont talk about that)

So apparently Tom Dempsey died from COVID-19 today, but 6 days ago it was reported he recovered from 2 different reputable sources.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/31/tom-dempsey-has-recovered-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19/

https://www.wbrz.com/news/new-orleans-saints-legend-tom-dempsey-has-recovered-from-covid-19/

It's been made clear he was battling Alzhiemer's and dementia. So did he really die from COVID-19 (which again, he reportedly recovered from) or alzhiemer's/dementia? I wonder this because I've had multiple people tell me that the death counts are not accurate because it includes people who have died from causes completely unrelated to COVID-19 but have tested positive for it during autopsy. I can't find an article or report to back that claim so I've sort of brushed it off but Dempsey's case has me scratching my head. 

18 minutes ago, mission27 said:

@TLO

Dont give up

We'll be summiting again in the near near future 

Let me tell you

The last time the MoL held a summit we ran up a tab for $635 pre tip at Nobu. We want this capability for everyone. 

MoL 2020 

@mission27

Edited by TLO

23 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So apparently Tom Dempsey died from COVID-19 today, but 6 days ago it was reported he recovered from 2 different reputable sources.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/31/tom-dempsey-has-recovered-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19/

https://www.wbrz.com/news/new-orleans-saints-legend-tom-dempsey-has-recovered-from-covid-19/

It's been made clear he was battling Alzhiemer's and dementia. So did he really die from COVID-19 (which again, he reportedly recovered from) or alzhiemer's/dementia? I wonder this because I've had multiple people tell me that the death counts are not accurate because it includes people who have died from causes completely unrelated to COVID-19 but have tested positive for it during autopsy. I can't find an article or report to back that claim so I've sort of brushed it off but Dempsey's case has me scratching my head. 

I've wondered that too. Even if the virus finishes them off they might have been dieing already but will get marked as a Corona virus death