Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

11 hours ago, mission27 said:

Forget where I saw that but just googled it and here you go:

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

We're ready for a mass shooting 24/7 LFG!!! lol

I'm not gonna do the math because it looks like we'd still be at the top, but it should be noted that the data they are using is over a decade old for the US and nearly as outdated for the EU as well.

Just now, mission27 said:

We now have the data to do MoLs for each state

Curious what states people want to see 

We will definitely be doing New York, Washington, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Colorado, Michigan, Louisiana 

Maryland and Ohio have been aggressive with social distancing measures, may want to include them. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Good news about sports. I don't even care that it's golf.

Why? Golf is the only “sport” that shouldn’t have an issue continuing. It’s already socially distant. You don’t need a crowd. Golf and nascar could be dominating the sports world if they wanted to and it would have no health risks. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mission27 said:

We will definitely be doing New York, Washington, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Colorado, Michigan, Louisiana 

can you identify which grocery stores in Wisconsin are safe for me to go to? Or is MoL still too nascent?

Ultimately, I expect MoL to turn into a virion mapper, so we can see every instance of this virus and catch them like pokemon.

• Like 1

Myron Rolle, now a doctor treating coronavirus patients, draws on football background in crisis

Myron Rolle’s hands are used to moving from one unalike task to another. He has batted away footballs and wielded a blade in neurosurgery with equal deftness at the top levels, so dealing with the novel coronavirus would be just another stretch, if not for an unsettling major difference: He is being asked to play without a helmet.

Rolle has volunteered for shifts in the covid-19 surge clinic at Boston’s Massachusetts General Hospital, a task that bears more than passing similarity to backpedaling on defense in the NFL. But the shortage of masks? No one is trained to deal with that.

All kinds of things and people are being repurposed at Massachusetts General, a leading hospital in a state that is dealing with almost 12,000 cases of the virus and may see 10 times that many in the coming weeks. Repurposing is really all Rolle has ever done, ever since he played safety at Florida State with the dual goals of making it to the NFL and becoming a neurosurgeon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/06/myron-rolle-former-football-star-doctor-coronavirus-massachusetts-general/

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why? Golf is the only “sport” that shouldn’t have an issue continuing. It’s already socially distant. You don’t need a crowd. Golf and nascar could be dominating the sports world if they wanted to and it would have no health risks. 

“Dominating”

Id rather just go outside and get corona 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nonessential travel for the “athlete” and their support crew, pit crews work closely (and probably travel in trailers),etc.

More importantly, I’m not nearly bored enough yet to want to actually sit and watch NASCAR.

45 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing how Minnesota compares. They seem to be doing a pretty good job 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I dont 100% get it

Same thing with Wimbeldon although I think the issue there was they didnt think theyd be ready in June and pushing back to July / August would mean not enough daylight, but canceling completely seems extreme... could've done a more limited kind of thing 

UK is also probably the furthest behind of any first world country and may get hit the hardest per capita when this is all said and done, so I'm sure thats part of it, but even they should be coming out of this by early June you'd have to think...