Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Opposite of the hoarders, you have people that shop every day just for what they need for the next 24 hours 

lots of these people haven’t changed their routine, and they’re putting themselves into contact with 100 or more people every day, rather than once a week 

so dumb.....

STAY HOME DUMMIES

I was one of those people, because sometimes I would have work or meetings for church, or baseball games, and I wouldn't be home for dinner for a week at a time.  I stocked up over two days a week ago, and the only other time I went somewhere was for my 92 year old grandmother needing a prescription.  It just makes sense.  

Delaware issuing a stay at home order Tuesday at 8 am- essentially what other states are doing- but also interesting that he specifically mentioned people coming into the state to avoid similar orders throughout the country, as Delaware's beach communities have a lot of vacation homes.   However, his order says May 15th, or whenever the public health threat is eliminated. 

https://www.delawarepublic.org/post/governor-issues-stay-home-order-over-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1SMGOd6NLBq6FYkggV4T03MDCfZIPGqE9dvGVfkrfrhOXiqPC_G7f5OYI

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

It’s frustrating that people aren’t taking this seriously. But I’m kinda getting concerned about some idiot shooting up a beach or a park or something. The social media mob is getting to be a bit much.

The governments need to close the beaches.  Locally for me, Delaware closed them on Saturday.  Ocean City MD closed them over the weekend to anyone not a resident of the city.  They should all be closed at this point, resident or not, especially the vacation home spots, as many are leaving their primary residences looking for a less restrictive space.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'd say it's fair but complicated because it's impossible for us to know the true mortality rate of COVID-19 right now...we only know how many people have died among the number of confirmed cases...we have no idea how many people have actually gotten it and probably never will truly know the real number of infected because not everyone needs medical assistance and even among those that do not all are being tested for confirmation. 

I will say this though, until I looked it up today I had no idea SARS had a 15% mortality rate and an R0 of between 2 and 5....that could have been really bad had that not been contained so quickly. 

SARS had an important handicap that kept it from being a bigger problem. You always showed symptoms and that was the main way to spread it. Easier to contain.

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Ok, would it then be fair to say that if there are a large number of undiagnosed cases making the mortality rate lower than the apparent number, that the R0 is higher than the reported figure?

I would imagine so