Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

47 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still can’t believe we’re even pretending to count China’s statistics 

Why would China lie a 9th time?

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I went to get some takeout from a restaurant that opened up not long before the shutdown. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it but it was good to see how busy they were.

On a side note, how has there not been a shortage of to go containers?

The uptick in sales(in my area) haven’t been that massive to warrant a shortage in to go containers.

Chilled/insulated transport boxes have shot up immensely on the other hand. 

Edited by Glen

Something I feel gets forgotten or not brought up much is the long term physical ramifications. Just because you survive the virus, doesn’t mean your life expectancy looks promising.

You could easily be looking at heart and kidney problems. Also a pretty trashed immune system.

• Like 1

I literally had to delete Pandora because of every ad. 

Every.  Single.  Company.  Says.  The.  Exact.  Same.  Thing. 

"Now more than ever, (insert company slogan)."
"We care." 
"We did this (donation that is a tax write off)." 

I hate every single company that did this. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Glen said:

The uptick in sales(in my area) haven’t been that massive to warrant a shortage in to go containers.

Chilled/insulated transport boxes have shot up immensely on the other hand. 

Yep I’ve seen more places dump third party delivery and starting their own. DoorDash and such takes a huge commission if you are a mom and pop place 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Something I feel gets forgotten or not brought up much is the long term physical ramifications. Just because you survive the virus, doesn’t mean your life expectancy looks promising.

You could easily be looking at heart and kidney problems. Also a pretty trashed immune system.

The reason it doesn't get brought up is because we don't know what long term ramifications there are or how common they are. The virus hasn't even been around long enough to give us any idea on that one.

Edited by rob_shadows

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I literally had to delete Pandora because of every ad. 

Every.  Single.  Company.  Says.  The.  Exact.  Same.  Thing. 

"Now more than ever, (insert company slogan)."
"We care." 
"We did this (donation that is a tax write off)." 

I hate every single company that did this. 

Same for TV commercials. I had to just start muting it if I couldn’t fast forward.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Same for TV commercials. I had to just start muting it if I couldn’t fast forward.

I always mute commercials. always. 

no one likes getting ads blasted

Once you start muting it, youll never go back to the old way

13 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

With SKs recent outbreak due to opening clubs it only reinforces the idea the NY will likely shift between phase 2 and phase 3 for the foreseeable future.

Recent outbreak? They reported 18 cases yesterday...

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Recent outbreak? They reported 18 cases yesterday...

There was an outbreak at a club in Seoul. Unfortunately, a lot of people are avoiding getting tested due to discrimination. The man accused of mass spreading in the club had all of his information leaked for the public to see due to contact tracing. The club was a gay club so there's been a fear that discriminatory crimes may tick up. Thus people who were at the club neglecting to get tested out of fear of having all their personal info leaked for the whole country to see.

This has prompted the government to close all bars and clubs in Seoul. Im not sure if it's become a country wife ban yet.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

There was an outbreak at a club in Seoul. Unfortunately, a lot of people are avoiding getting tested due to discrimination. The man accused of mass spreading in the club had all of his information leaked for the public to see due to contact tracing. The club was a gay club so there's been a fear that discriminatory crimes may tick up. Thus people who were at the club neglecting to get tested out of fear of having all their personal info leaked for the whole country to see.

This has prompted the government to close all bars and clubs in Seoul. Im not sure if it's become a country wife ban yet.

That seems like quite an overreach

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Thanks. Seems like a small issue, relatively, that will likely be cleared up soon. They've had a really good handle on this for a month now. Like realllly good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

18 cases in NYC would be a drop in the bucket and will remain a drop in the bucket until there is a vaccine or herd immunity.  We are never getting anywhere near South Korea numbers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I always mute commercials. always. 

no one likes getting ads blasted

Once you start muting it, youll never go back to the old way

Yeah normally I just go on my phone or my laptop and it’s just white noise. This is overkill though. All the commercials are about it, radio ads, ads on apps, billboards, social media... just trying to escape it where I can. It’s really starting to piss me off idk lol