Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, Danger said:

I'm saying is we can't ruin the lives and careers of thousands to save a couple dozen who are at the end anyways. We SHOULD take every precaution we can to make sure those who are at risk are protected while things continue on. Limit capacity but allow places to be open, take precautions wherever possible.

It's not "Get mah hurr cut."

Yeah the problem is, for a lot of people it is “get mah hurr cut”.

I don’t think you guys realize how many idiots legitimately refuse to wear a mask and think it’s some Democratic agenda. This country is stupid. Wildly stupid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm saying is we can't ruin the lives and careers of thousands to save a couple dozen who are at the end anyways. We SHOULD take every precaution we can to make sure those who are at risk are protected while things continue on. Limit capacity but allow places to be open, take precautions wherever possible.

It's not "Get mah hurr cut."

This entire post is a contradiction. Should we take EVERY precaution we can, or should we allow things to carry on. Those are mutually exclusive ideas.

Why are the remaining years of someone's life less valuable than that same time period for you or anyone else? In fact, I'd argue that they are more valuable since an elderly person's time is a necessarily less abundant resource.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

That's the one thing I still won't go do is get a haircut, it's impossible to distance with someone cutting your hair.

I get that if you are high risk or live with someone high risk,  but if both people  have a mask on and generally breath in the same direction, how high of a risk is it?

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

This entire post is a contradiction. Should we take EVERY precaution we can, or should we allow things to carry on. Those are mutually exclusive ideas.

We should take every precaution we can, WHILE opening things. These are not mutually exclusive.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah the problem is, for a lot of people it is “get mah hurr cut”.

I don’t think you guys realize how many idiots legitimately refuse to wear a mask and think it’s some Democratic agenda. This country is stupid. Wildly stupid.

Presented without comment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

We tried that, and we are witnessing that process fail miserably.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In a perfect world, you're right. However, that's just not what's been happening.

Yeah, so you arrest anyone in public without a mask on. Simple. It's not what's happened so far, but it's what needs to happen.

Just now, Danger said:

Yeah, so you arrest anyone in public without a mask on. Simple. It's not what's happened so far, but it's what needs to happen.

For what, exactly? Where are you going to put them? How long before there is a legal fight that prevents arrests? 

It doesn't work that way.

Edited by JDBrocks

Just now, JDBrocks said:

For what, exactly?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah, like @JDBrocks said, unless the federal government (or state governments) pass laws stating you will be arrested for not wearing a mask, it ain't gonna happen.

AT THAT POINT, you also have to deal with local Sheriff's departments who won't enforce those orders. For example, just north of me in Washington here's how one Sheriff responded to Governor Jay Inslee's mask mandate recently:

https://www.opb.org/news/article/washington-state-mask-order-county-sheriff-response/

Sheriffs in Clark and Cowlitz counties said they won't strictly enforce the mask order, but will instead "educate."

So, I mean, again in a perfect world this all makes sense, but that's not where we exist right now lol

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Ok.

I want people to be arrested for endangerment so I can go sit in a restaurant... This is the path that you think we should take for a nation of 330m people?

Ok.

I want countless people to be out of a job, be unable to support their families, and potentially much worse so I can be 0.0001% safer in my bubble than I would be in my bubble anyways.