Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

23 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think one of the big things everyone seems to be missing in this, is this...

the whole plan hasn’t been to stop people from getting coronavirus. It was to slow the spread so hospitals were overwhelmed at once. Until we get a vaccine it’s gonna spread. The goal is to slow it now by wearing masks and trying to maintain social distancing. If we stay at home we are going to destroy the economy further than it already has been. 

Funny how they never mention that re-opening after the curve was initially flattened was going to be accompanied by contact tracing, extensive, free, real-time testing, and strong self-isolation/local quarantine policies to keep the population safe and re-open society. 

I wonder why they don't mention that part.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

No one is missing that, it's been talked about extensively in this thread

I meant more the general public than the people in this thread. I have heard so many people saying they aren’t doing enough to stop me from getting it. Well chances are you are gonna get it if you haven’t already had it. 

Well, I may have been exposed today and yesterday. Two members of my client’s family tested positive and she was in my office yesterday and court with me today.

Will find out if they had it on Monday. Debating on whether to get tested myself.

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well, I may have been exposed today and yesterday. Two members of my client’s family tested positive and she was in my office yesterday and court with me today.

Will find out if they had it on Monday. Debating on whether to get tested myself.

There is no debate. Get tested man.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There is no debate. Get tested man.

This.  Just get tested.  If for nothing else than peace of mind.  

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Were you both wearing masks? The way our hospital does it- if one person wasn't wearing a mask, and you didn't socially distance- then you self quarantine and get tested. I'm not sure if that's possible at your job. Still, you may want to get tested for the peace of mind as other have mentioned.

My wife had a coworker who she interacted with a lot throughout the week. She found out her coworker got infected with COVID. Fortunately, they both wore masks while around each other. She called the health line at our hospital, and they advised her she could still go into work since they both wore masks. My wife, myself, and my son showed no symptoms at all (or any other coworkers for that matter), so I'm assuming none of us caught it. Those masks made a difference, imo. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

@Heinz D. I never said the coronavirus was mythical. Yes it is a real thing. However, this real thing had been blown out of proportion and all the numbers back that up. Yeah you got coranavirus, I’ve bet I had it already, the numbers are going up because testing is going up. The current US mortality rate is 0.05% and that more than likely includes some very flawed data. 

I love someone saying something that has caused 500,00 worldwide deaths in half a year is something that has been blown out of proportion. Let me ask you this question then, since this virus is obviously just another flu right? What do you think would have happened to those numbers had we not shut down or put in place the social distancing measures?  

9 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think one of the big things everyone seems to be missing in this, is this...

the whole plan hasn’t been to stop people from getting coronavirus. It was to slow the spread so hospitals were overwhelmed at once. Until we get a vaccine it’s gonna spread. The goal is to slow it now by wearing masks and trying to maintain social distancing. If we stay at home we are going to destroy the economy further than it already has been. 

No one is missing that point? People are not just going to work. People are literally just out. People are not wearing masks. People literally think this whole thing is a joke because they don't feel like they are at risk of dying while completely ignoring the fact that any a-hole can spread that virus, they didn't care about catching, to the people who are at risk and who have to do simple things like going to the store, people who care for the elderly, people who work in health care. But keep pushing the narrative that everyone wants the world to shut down. No. We want people to understand that this virus isn't blown out of proportion and .05 percent of the population  is still 35 MILLION people. But sure...open those bars and beaches up. The videos coming out of those places already sow how little people care about social distancing. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

No one is missing that point? People are not just going to work. People are literally just out. People are not wearing masks. People literally think this whole thing is a joke because they don't feel like they are at risk of dying while completely ignoring the fact that any a-hole can spread that virus, they didn't care about catching, to the people who are at risk and who have to do simple things like going to the store, people who care for the elderly, people who work in health care. But keep pushing the narrative that everyone wants the world to shut down. No. We want people to understand that this virus isn't blown out of proportion and .05 percent of the population  is still 35 MILLION people. But sure...open those bars and beaches up. The videos coming out of those places already sow how little people care about social distancing. 

I feel badly for the U.S.

So much misinformation, so many lies and so many people thinking they know better than every health professional. 

People wanting things to normalize yet ignoring actions that would help achieve that.goal.

I saw video of the Palm Beach council meeting. The reaction of people opposed to the mask rules they adopted was frankly astonishing. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I feel badly for the U.S.

So much misinformation, so many lies and so many people thinking they know better than every health professional. 

People wanting things to normalize yet ignoring actions that would help achieve that.goal.

I saw video of the Palm Beach council meeting. The reaction of people opposed to the mask rules they adopted was frankly astonishing. 

You can feel a little bad for us, but the majority of this was self-inflicted. Sure, a little bit of the misinformation machine has been the result of deliberate bad actors like Russia or Cambridge Analytica, but this started and gained a critical mass of people internally over 50 years and we're just now seeing the ill-effects of giving a scientifically illiterate wing of people power.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Were you both wearing masks? The way our hospital does it- if one person wasn't wearing a mask, and you didn't socially distance- then you self quarantine and get tested. I'm not sure if that's possible at your job. Still, you may want to get tested for the peace of mind as other have mentioned.

No one wears masks here.  I wear one to court or if I'm in a building with a significant number of people, but not in my own office.  I just keep clients on the other side of the desk and social distance.  Which is probably dumb, but it's really easy to fall into that, especially when your office is in a town with just like 30 active, known cases.

But yeah, I live in the south, so most people think the whole thing is made up anyway.  I was in court Monday and there were 35 people in the room.  I was one of three wearing masks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, seriously27 said:

I love someone saying something that has caused 500,00 worldwide deaths in half a year is something that has been blown out of proportion. Let me ask you this question then, since this virus is obviously just another flu right? What do you think would have happened to those numbers had we not shut down or put in place the social distancing measures?  

Exactly. The Catch-22. Some people can't help but think that since this was relatively flattened the first time...it must not have been that serious and therefore the actions that led to the control weren't needed!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, seriously27 said:

I love someone saying something that has caused 500,00 worldwide deaths in half a year is something that has been blown out of proportion.

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2645529/?

If you look at the data from January through March, you might think it was overblown. If you look at the data in April - May a thinking person would come to the opposite conclusion. And when they update it for June / July, even a non-thinking person is gonna have a hard time selling their fairy tale of "overblown"

• Like 2