Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

November is going to be one hell of a month.  Planning on winning lottery by then, living in Maine with no internet or basic cable or even network television.  

This year has made me 100% apolitical.  I am now in the Leave me the **** alone and I’ll leave you the **** alone party.  Running under that ticket 2040.  I will be a benevolent leader.

You got my support. 

Had to make the tough decision to postpone my wedding, originally scheduled for September. We are going to have a small outdoor ceremony at her parent's house on our original date. The new date will end up being a year from the original. Sucks, but it is what it is. New Jersey is doing relatively well, but with family and friends coming from some hotspot states, and no end in sight, we think it is better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Had to make the tough decision to postpone my wedding, originally scheduled for September. We are going to have a small outdoor ceremony at her parent's house on our original date. The new date will end up being a year from the original. Sucks, but it is what it is. New Jersey is doing relatively well, but with family and friends coming from some hotspot states, and no end in sight, we think it is better to be safe than sorry.

If you're doing a small ceremony this year, why have another bigger one next year?

Just now, theJ said:

If you're doing a small ceremony this year, why have another bigger one next year?

We are having a small ceremony this year with only about 25 people just to officially get married, then next year we are going to have our reception with all of our family and friends at the venue we originally booked at. We already paid for most of the entire thing. For one, I don't want to throw away all that money. Two, we still want to have a huge rager of a party with the ~130 people we invited, which we can't do due to covid.

• Like 3

In 1940, eleven years after the stock market crash, US unemployment was 14.6%.

By 1944, unemployment was less than 2% and the gross national product had doubled.

Take a guess, what changed that?

It’s gonna happen again. It’s what always happens when countries are in a hole economically.

Edited by candyman93

A Texas hospital says a patient who was a healthy young man died from coronavirus after attending a “COVID” party. The unidentified 30-year-old man died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio. The hospital’s top doctor, Jane Appleby said on Friday: “This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus, and the thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected. Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it's not.”

1 minute ago, Leader said:

A Texas hospital says a patient who was a healthy young man died from coronavirus after attending a “COVID” party. The unidentified 30-year-old man died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio. The hospital’s top doctor, Jane Appleby said on Friday: “This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus, and the thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected. Just before the person died they looked at the nurse and they said, ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought it was a hoax but it's not.”

zero sympathy from me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

We are having a small ceremony this year with only about 25 people just to officially get married, then next year we are going to have our reception with all of our family and friends at the venue we originally booked at. We already paid for most of the entire thing. For one, I don't want to throw away all that money. Two, we still want to have a huge rager of a party with the ~130 people we invited, which we can't do due to covid.

Yeah if you can't get your money out, then may as well. 

I know some people who have been kind of relieved to be free of that financial burden lol. IE they were able to cancel and get their money back, then do a small ceremony instead. 

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yeah if you can't get your money out, then may as well. 

I know some people who have been kind of relieved to be free of that financial burden lol. IE they were able to cancel and get their money back, then do a small ceremony instead. 

My fiancee would never go for it. She wants a big party of a wedding, and I do too, so it is something we are going to go through with.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

My fiancee would never go for it. She wants a big party of a wedding, and I do too, so it is something we are going to go through with.

A big party to celebrate 20 years of exponentially growing resentment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I wish I shared your optimism, but when the state cuts hundreds of millions of dollars from the education budget, adds more stipulations in the same breath, and says “Schools will figure it out, because they always find a way to do so” (exact quote), that’s not exactly inspiring confidence.

We are $23 trillion in debt, haven’t been able to approach addressing healthcare and education systematic deficiencies, and our military spending is more than the next 15 countries combined. It’s comical.

I understand the pessimism, but my vision involves a widespread change in leadership.  It will not happen without a purging of the fringe and corrupt.