Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

So far we have 300 million doses from Oxford that will be shipped in increments starting by Sept at the earliest and finishing in Jan at the earliest. We also have 100 million doses of Pfizer being produced, but I haven't read much in regards to timeline. Catalent will be producing 100 million doses of Moderna's with intentions to START supplying the US market in September. Emergent has a 5 year deal with J&J to start production of their vaccine in early 2021.

It seems these four vaccines will be the major players in the US. If we're lucky we'll have 300 million doses of Oxford shipped out by early 2021 along with 100 million doses of each Pfizer and Moderna shipped out in early 2021. This would gives us a total of 500 million dosages in early 2021. Oxford looks like it MAY need two dosages to be effective, so that would drop the total down to 350 million doses. I'm not sure about Moderna or Pfizer. I've heard Pfizer has had the best immune response thus far, though I'm not sure how true that is. 

Regardless, I'm hopeful that as a healthcare worker I will be vaccinated some time this fall. *fingers crossed*

• Like 2

As I finished writing my post above, I just received a call about the vaccine trial I signed up for. I am set up for a zoom meeting on August 3rd to do a health screening and answer other questions. I'm not sure what vaccine they are trialing. I know they trialed Pfizer back in June. I'm hoping it's the same vaccine. Hopefully I'm one of the ones that gets the vaccine if I am party of the trial! 

Being a healthcare worker that travels through a bunch of different units and interacts with many different nurses and doctors has its positives during a Pandemic, I suppose! Haha

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, animaltested said:

The perfect video explaining how we (The US) got where we be.  The US is STILL debating and struggling with things most of the other world already finished. LOL.

Are we really debating? We have people asking every possible way for everyone to put masks on and then other people shouting about 5G and MURICA and 'I won't be a sex slave". That's not so much a debate as it is a reasonable person trying to have a conversation with a poop flinging monkey.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Are we really debating? We have people asking every possible way for everyone to put masks on and then other people shouting about 5G and MURICA and 'I won't be a sex slave". That's not so much a debate as it is a reasonable person trying to have a conversation with a poop flinging monkey.

If focusing on individuals sure. But there is currently a lawsuit between a Mayor and Governor over this issue. State legislatures around the country are STILL having grappling sessions over mask orders. It might be directly about the order itself, but masking up is still at the heart of the issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

If focusing on individuals sure. But there is currently a lawsuit between a Mayor and Governor over this issue. State legislatures around the country are STILL having grappling sessions over mask orders. It might be directly about the order itself, but masking up is still at the heart of the issue.

Yep sorry I assumed you were talking about individuals since the rest of it we can't talk about.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Poop slinging monkeys are very persuasive. 

If we leave our desk, we have to put on a mask. The SAME lady complains every time when she gets up - "gotta put on this stupid mask." She's also the one that "brags" she walks past signs in stores that say masks required. She complains about the schools not opening every day because "kids don't get it" and "they aren't dying from it". There's a lot like her here in America. 

She's 65. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Rather than talking down to the poop flinging monkey, you should try to empathize with their poop flinging point of view. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Rather than talking down to the poop flinging monkey, you should try to empathize with their poop flinging point of view. 

No, you should sling poo right back at them!

San Diego County has a big hiring effort going on right now
Contact Tracers are being offered $ 19/ hr for the junior positions and $ 25/ hr for senior positions
up to 40 hrs per week from home after initial training is completed

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

San Diego County has a big hiring effort going on right now
Contact Tracers are being offered $ 19/ hr for the junior positions and $ 25/ hr for senior positions
up to 40 hrs per week from home after initial training is completed

Rumors that $25 billion for testing and contact tracing may be included in the stimulus package as well. Would be a gamechanger.

• Like 1