Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Sad that this is happening now and our government can’t come to an agreement about the extensions. I’m much much luckier than the person in this article. But her pain is palpable.

https://www.businessinsider.com/millions-of-americans-have-no-way-to-pay-augusts-rent-2020-7

Morris believes that such help should not be "a forever thing," but said "it needs to decrease gradually, not just suddenly stop."

It's a sorry state of affairs, though, that "self-entitlement" is driving people to conflate coronavirus-related restrictions with the trampling of civil liberties, Morris said.

“The 'You're taking away my freedom,' the 'You can't tell me what to do, ' and the 'This virus does not pertain to me' attitude I see in my state and other places is disheartening," she added. "If people just did as suggested, this virus would go away."

What Morris said she doesn't understand is why people are willing to take precautions with less serious illnesses, but are outraged by guidance to wear a face mask, maintain social distance, and avoid crowds. 

45 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Wish I could. But nope.

Even if it does work, the data they present should still be questioned. That's not bc Russia doesn't have the ability but just bc I feel they wouldn't want to admit being wrong so the integrity of the data should be questioned.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Even if it does work, the data they present should still be questioned. That's not bc Russia doesn't have the ability but just bc I feel they wouldn't want to admit being wrong so the integrity of the data should be questioned.

Pretty much my feelings also.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

https://news.yahoo.com/more-schools-stay-online-one-140501853.html

On tht very first day of school... And the messed up part is a superintendent even saying they knew it would happen just didn't expect it on the first day.

Roger Goodell: “Hope is not a strategy”

That quote is aimed more at the idea of reopening schools without a national plan to guide everyone. The states and local municipals cannot do this alone.

Sidenote: how you feeling?

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

https://news.yahoo.com/more-schools-stay-online-one-140501853.html

On tht very first day of school... And the messed up part is a superintendent even saying they knew it would happen just didn't expect it on the first day.

I don't know how big the school is but it seems expected that they would eventually have 1 kid that tested positive.  Now if he said he knew a kid would die from it...

Hopefully he didn't spread it but it'll be interesting to see

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

Roger Goodell: “Hope is not a strategy”

That quote is aimed more at the idea of reopening schools without a national plan to guide everyone. The states and local municipals cannot do this alone.

Sidenote: how you feeling?

Still can't smell or taste anything and still sleeping a LOT but other than that fine. No body aches since Wednesday or Thursday I can't remember which and no headache since yesterday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't know how big the school is but it seems expected that they would eventually have 1 kid that tested positive.  Now if he said he knew a kid would die from it...

Hopefully he didn't spread it but it'll be interesting to see

One kid that sits in half a dozen classrooms with 100s of kids and teachers and doesn't spread it?

Wouldn't bet on those odds.

And this is one school.