Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

28 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Agreed, as much as I'd love a $2,000 check as someone who's laid off until March I need the bill passed for the extra unemployment money more than I need it delayed for an extra 1,400 in a one time payment.

I was in the same boat earlier in the summer. Even though I’m back at work again, I want people like yourself to have some measure of financial stability during these crazy times.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

My unemployment benefits are running out next month. Is there a plan to extend the benefits or is that a state by state issue? 

Almost all states all offer at least a two month automatic extension, but don’t take my word for it. Maybe goto reddit under your state’s unemployment and see if there is a similar question. I know getting in contact with any state’s EDD is a nightmare. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Almost all states all offer at least a two month automatic extension, but don’t take my word for it. Maybe goto reddit under your state’s unemployment and see if there is a similar question. I know getting in contact with any state’s EDD is a nightmare. 

I'm good, homie. I got the answer I needed. Wisconsin defaults to the PEUC after benefits expire.

So, it sounds like the Pfizer vaccine will still be effective against the emerging strain in Europe. Apparently the vaccine targets multiple areas on the spike protein so if one area mutates it will still effectively recognize another part of the spike protein and prepare for war. Is this an accurate statement?

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

So, it sounds like the Pfizer vaccine will still be effective against the emerging strain in Europe. Apparently the vaccine targets multiple areas on the spike protein so if one area mutates it will still effectively recognize another part of the spike protein and prepare for war. Is this an accurate statement?

Read this as well which is good. Also read that if it hadn't, they said they could've developed a new vaccine that would be effective against it and that would only take 6 hours. I'm sure the normal testing would have to be done though. Still, pretty amazing what science has been able to accomplish with this. 

• Like 1