Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The video you posted a page back seems to have a problem with the audio - I can see their lips moving but all I hear is this weird sound...

duck-quack-clipart.png&f=1&nofb=1

LOL because a doctor has a different way of doing things than what the TV tells you he is a quack?  I'm sure you know what's best for the people.

What part would you say is quackish?

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

LOL because a doctor has a different way of doing things than what the TV tells you he is a quack?  I'm sure you know what's best for the people.

What part would you say is quackish?

With all due respect to @Shanedorf, it's not quackish. Snake oil doesn't come from ducks, and "functional medicine" is a pretty standard homeopath/"balance your toxins man" Dr. Oz wannabe grift that has been going around for a while now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

With all due respect to @Shanedorf, it's not quackish. Snake oil doesn't come from ducks, and "functional medicine" is a pretty standard homeopath/"balance your toxins man" Dr. Oz wannabe grift that has been going around for a while now. 

I'm not going to pretend like I follow Dr. Oz but whatever he is selling on TV is probably a lot different than what functional medicine doctors are doing out there.  It's more than just "balance your toxins man."

American medicine is give the patient a label then give them meds to mask their symptoms.  Functional medicine is finding (and fixing) the underlying cause of these symptoms.  Doctors get paid to see patients and prescribe meds.  Oh you're diabetic? Don't fix your diet just take Metformin!

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm not going to pretend like I follow Dr. Oz but whatever he is selling on TV is probably a lot different than what functional medicine doctors are doing out there.  It's more than just "balance your toxins man."

American medicine is give the patient a label then give them meds to mask their symptoms.  Functional medicine is finding (and fixing) the underlying cause of these symptoms.  Doctors get paid to see patients and prescribe meds.  Oh you're diabetic? Don't fix your diet just take Metformin!

Not a bad PR statement, but all I read is "I have no idea how drugs work". And that's okay, I'm not judging you for it. But word salad doesn't work here.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I keep forgetting I'm talking to medical experts on here and only what they say matters.

I'm really not judging. It's a good scam.

A nice labcoat, some production value, and some basic health points (nutrition, exercise) wrapped up to make it seem different, then you sell the expensive tests and "personalized treatments" for the magic "imbalancing" problem that only you can diagnose. No controlled studies, no population models, and like $10k a pop all in. I'm sure he's made a ton of money. But anyone who knows basics about drug-receptor theory, general pharmacology and, basic evidence-based science is going to know it's a scam from a mile away. 

And frankly, I could care less if you believe me or not. I'm not asking for your money. But yeah we aren't going to let you put your medical Miss Cleo videos up and look the other way like it's adding value either.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is new York distributing any? 

New York is expected to get about 250,000 doses in the first set of Pfizer vaccines, and a total of 520,000 of the Pfizer and Moderna doses before the end of the year. That is enough to vaccinate 2.7 percent of the state population.

The state has approximately 1,400,000 health-care workers and 270,000 nursing home residents and workers, and the number of doses expected in December is enough to give 31 percent of them a single dose by the end of the year. The vaccine requires a follow-up booster about three or four weeks after the first shot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/covid-vaccine-states-distribution-doses/?itid=sn_coronavirus_4/

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A nice labcoat, some production value, and some basic health points (nutrition, exercise) wrapped up to make it seem different, then you sell the expensive tests and "personalized treatments" for the magic "imbalancing" problem that only you can diagnose. No controlled studies, no population models, and like $10k a pop all in. I'm sure he's made a ton of money. But anyone who knows basics about drug-receptor theory, general pharmacology and, frankly, evidence-based science is going to know it's a scam from a mile away. 

And frankly, I could care less if you believe me or not. I'm not asking for your money. But yeah we aren't going to let you put your medical Miss Cleo videos up and look the other way like it's adding value either.

Oof 😂 

bf1.gif 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A nice labcoat, some production value, and some basic health points (nutrition, exercise) wrapped up to make it seem different, then you sell the expensive tests and "personalized treatments" for the magic "imbalancing" problem that only you can diagnose. No controlled studies, no population models, and like $10k a pop all in. I'm sure he's made a ton of money. But anyone who knows basics about drug-receptor theory, general pharmacology and, basic evidence-based science is going to know it's a scam from a mile away. 

200.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

10 Stone Cold Stunner GIFs Cause Stone Cold Said So - StillRealToUs.com

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

This is spoken like someone who either a) doesn’t know anybody with diabetes to accurately comment on how it’s treated, b) knows people that go to some superbly ****ty doctors, or c) thinks that’s the hip way to pretend that your snake oil salesman are so much more enlightened than everyone else. 

• Like 3