TNF Week 3: Rams @ 49ers

TheVillain112

Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rams
    • 49ers
    • Whoever bet the under...

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this matchup. I mean sure, it's not some potential playoff matchup of two powerhouses, but TNF games rarely are. This game might not be as bad as you think either. I think Carlos Hyde will have a huge game for the 49ers and this Rams offense is clearly better than last year's who could only manage about 10 points per game.

I'm pretty excited for this game actually.  Both teams have a number of young building blocks and I'm interested in seeing how they are developing.

How are the Rams adjusting to Wade's 3-4?

How is Goff progressing in terms of reading the field?

How do Watkins and Krupp look in their first years in this offense?

How is the Rams' OL developing in the run and pass game?

How are the young members of the 49ers front 7 developing?

How is the 49ers OL developing in the run and pass game?

Obviously, I really want to see how these young teams look in the trenches in particular.  Those battles and Goff's connection with his weapons should make for a very interesting watch.  I do think Gurley and Hyde have the best stat lines in the end.

And, with such young teams, I want to see if there are any potential gems among the later round picks or undrafted rookies.  Teams like these tend to allow those players to get on the field more quickly than more established teams.  

So, lots of things to look forward to keeping an eye on.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm pretty excited for this game actually.  Both teams have a number of young building blocks and I'm interested in seeing how they are developing.

How are the Rams adjusting to Wade's 3-4?

How is Goff progressing in terms of reading the field?

How do Watkins and Krupp look in their first years in this offense?

How is the Rams' OL developing in the run and pass game?

How are the young members of the 49ers front 7 developing?

How is the 49ers OL developing in the run and pass game?

Obviously, I really want to see how these young teams look in the trenches in particular.  Those battles and Goff's connection with his weapons should make for a very interesting watch.  I do think Gurley and Hyde have the best stat lines in the end.

And, with such young teams, I want to see if there are any potential gems among the later round picks or undrafted rookies.  Teams like these tend to allow those players to get on the field more quickly than more established teams.  

So, lots of things to look forward to keeping an eye on.

Obviously, Kupp and Everett have impressed so far for the Rams, but they're Day 2 picks. Keep an eye out for Samson Ebukam (OLB #50) and Josh Reynolds (WR #83). Reynolds probably won't get a lot of PT because of his youth and the Rams depth at WR, but he's shown ability when he's played. Ebukam was impressive in his limited snaps against the Redskins. He's a freakish athlete from a small school.

42 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Well, we play both teams this year so I'll probably watch. I guess this was there way of killing two birds with one stone when every team is required to have a Thursday night game. Similar to how the Titans/Jaguars have played on TNF the last two years.

The Jags/Titans game always seemed to be the worst TNF matchup but when they played later in the season at 1pm when no one is forced to watch they had at least one maybe two really epic games. Those were the games that TNF wanted. 

46 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I guess this was there way of killing two birds with one stone when every team is required to have a Thursday night game

You're living in the past, man. That isn't a thing anymore, dude. The Browns play 16 Sunday games this year for example, guy.

Archived