Mafia Rules and Registration/Discussion Thread

bucsfan333

Introducing: Traveling Mafia

Attention all mafia players: starting soon, mafia will no longer be constrained to playing games solely in TAST. Instead, select games will be hosted in select team subforums. 

While playing, you will be tasked with helping build the forum in a couple of ways. First, we are a football forum, so we want you to engage in football discussions with the members of the sub. You don't need to get deeply analytical or anything; ask about team history or draft thoughts or anything like that. Secondly, we're going to try to get members of the subforum to play. This means that posters who aren't familiar with TAST or frustrations between members may be playing, so you need to not be jerks to one another and be on your best behavior. The key to all of this is boosted engagement, both on the football front and the community front, and we're entrusting you all with helping that all out.

Anyone who is interested in hosting a traveling mafia game should contact @bucsfan333 to help coordinate which forums are available to play a game in.

First up: @mission27and @TLO will take their Coronavirus game on the road to the Texans forum.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

You'll soon see

I dont know what this means. But if you dont think there has already been discussion about playing mafia discord, I have no clue what to tell you. I am actively against that, I want webby to get the ad revenue. So I suggest you dont alienate the most active posters on the site. I feel like the 20 regular mafia players are probably all top 25 -30 in post count. There is a significant portion that are mods.

Slap our hands. Tell us we are stupid and screwed up. And then let us go back to the way things were. We dont need hand holding. 

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

Attention all mafia players: starting soon, mafia will no longer be constrained to playing games solely in TAST. Instead, select games will be hosted in select team subforums. 

While playing, you will be tasked with helping build the forum in a couple of ways. First, we are a football forum, so we want you to engage in football discussions with the members of the sub. You don't need to get deeply analytical or anything; ask about team history or draft thoughts or anything like that. Secondly, we're going to try to get members of the subforum to play. This means that posters who aren't familiar with TAST or frustrations between members may be playing, so you need to not be jerks to one another and be on your best behavior. The key to all of this is boosted engagement, both on the football front and the community front, and we're entrusting you all with helping that all out.

Anyone who is interested in hosting a traveling mafia game should contact @bucsfan333 to help coordinate which forums are available to play a game in.

First up: @mission27and @TLO will take their Coronavirus game on the road to the Texans forum.

How are you not putting them in the Pats forum? You are full of bad ideas today. Force @ET80 to host a texans game. For some reason they love him. Make it "Find and lynch Bill O'Brien" and I am sure we will see and uptick in mafia players. 

Edited by Matts4313

15 minutes ago, pwny said:

So the travelling part will be optional to the host?

The interaction with football related discussions are optional as well I assume?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

So the travelling part will be optional to the host?

The interaction with football related discussions are optional as well I assume?

Traveling is completely optional for each host. If you want to only host in TAST, that's completely optional.

We'd ask that you do interact in the football stuff, because we really do want to use this as a means to increase football-related forum activity, but it's not going to be required.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How are you not putting them in the Pats forum? You are full of bad ideas today. Force @ET80 to host a texans game. For some reason they love him. Make it "Find and lynch Bill O'Brien" and I am sure we will see and uptick in mafia players. 

A game where the Texans FO is mafia would certainly get some new players

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Traveling is completely optional for each host. If you want to only host in TAST, that's completely optional.

We'd ask that you do interact in the football stuff, because we really do want to use this as a means to increase football-related forum activity, but it's not going to be required.

I am pretty sure they would need to make Corona virus a civ move and finding a way to kill off their FO as the goal. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We're targeting forums with lower activity, in an attempt to boost activity where it's needed. Currently, only the 15 forums with the least activity are being targeted. As such, the Pats forum is not one of the forums in the target group right now. In the future they may be.

ET doesn't want to host, and he was already contacted about hosting the game you suggested. It's a no go.

Mission and TLO will be flavoring their games with Texans related characters and story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

We're targeting forums with lower activity, in an attempt to boost activity where it's needed. Currently, only the 15 forums with the least activity are being targeted. As such, the Pats forum is not one of the forums in the target group right now. In the future they may be.

ET doesn't want to host, and he was already contacted about hosting the game you suggested. It's a no go.

Mission and TLO will be flavoring their games with Texans related characters and story.

Is the bucs board in the lowest 15? 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Okay. Maybe this idea is good. Still doesnt change that handholding us is really dumb. Also @Glen hates his family.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant wait to when we get to the philly forum. I get a free pass in the Cowboys forum, but the rest of you scrubs will have to wait until the Eagles. @Kiltman is super lazy and mods nothing. 

JK  he just is a quintessential Eagles fan and his tolerance for insults is really high.

Nah I'm lazy as hell

• Like 1