Mafia Rules and Registration/Discussion Thread

bucsfan333

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You didnt play for a year. It had no effect on your comment. Ive forgiven you 100%, but you did make that comment without any provocation. It was just because sometimes we, as males, say stupid things in an attempt to rile people up.

Do you think that if we didn't both step away from the game for a few days and actually discuss it in an adult manner once you were able to cool off from being upset a bit, that things would have blown over as easily as they did? Because I don't think it would have, and for those who haven't done that, it doesn't seem like it's just blowing over for them either. I think the intent of the rule is to get everyone to do what you and I did, because they aren't doing that, and it is carrying over from game to game and just building to getting meaner and meaner.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

The bottom half of the team forums, in terms of post count.

Ok. I guess I will look and figure it out.

Less than 15k post:

Phins

Bengals

Texans

Colts

Chiefs

Chargers

Giants 

Falcons

Panthers

Cards

Rams

Seahawks

How the hell do the Falcons have ~400 post? We are literally going to double that. @scar988, when I make a mafia thread in there I am going to need you to avoid the thread. 

22 hours ago, The Orca said:

List of potential Mafia games 

1. @mission27 @TLO Coronavirus Mafia

2. @The Orca Valkyrie Mafia

3. @rackcs Black Sails Mafia

4. @Pickle Rick American Dad: The 200 Mafia

5. @Pickle Rick Ready Player One Mafia

6. @Dome Los Santos Mafia 

7. @Matts4313 Mortal Kombat Mafia

8. @Matts4313 Fantasy Football Mafia

9. @kingseanjohn Heros and Villains Mafia

10. @daboyle250 Red Dead Mafia

11. @pwny Traveling Mafia

12. @Malfatron Tremors Mafia

13. @Whicker TBD Mafia

14. @JoshstraDaymus Super Smash Bros Mafia

My game's theme will be the video game Dark Souls

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Do you think that if we didn't both step away from the game for a few days and actually discuss it in an adult manner once you were able to cool off from being upset a bit, that things would have blown over as easily as they did? Because I don't think it would have, and for those who haven't done that, it doesn't seem like it's just blowing over for them either. I think the intent of the rule is to get everyone to do what you and I did, because they aren't doing that, and it is carrying over from game to game and just building to getting meaner and meaner.

I feel like I attempted to gauge in conversations for many months and you ignored me.

I probably could have used a few days. Yes. Its not a bad policy. But not letting people sign up and market the game makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

on an unrelated comment, @Matts4313 are you right or left handed?

Right. Why? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

But not letting people sign up and market the game makes no sense.

They'll have all weekend to get sign-ups. Mafia doesn't need marketed. It's basically the same 20 people that play every time.

Moving the game around might entice new people who stick to their team forums to play as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I feel like I attempted to gauge in conversations for many months and you ignored me.

I wasn't engaging with anyone on the forum. At one point, I had about 300 unread notifications. That's why I stepped down from being a mod as well, because at the time I didn't think I was going to be active again. It had nothing to do with you.

Also, I don't think what you said to glem was said with malice. And what I said to you wasn't with malice either. We both took something we've said a hundred times before and then just took it too far in a direction that's not okay.

That's different from a good deal of other things being said in the thread though, where a good number of other people had been saying things with true malice behind the words, and then things just building and building up to the point that pages and pages were dedicated to just angry yelling at one another four games after the original grievance started. I don't think any of us want to see that happen anymore.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I once spent an entire game, probably like 50-100+ post, dedicated to calling @Malfatron dumb. With your stupid new rules we would be robbed of that epic performance. The even better performance was @MWil23 as swag. It was crazy good. Mine was entirely false, but when mwil called you dumb, it felt real. 

I’m proud to announce that next game, I will be the official @SwAg translator, re-enacting the Obama translator SNL sketch, but this time in reverse form for the sake of humorous irony.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

They'll have all weekend to get sign-ups. Mafia doesn't need marketed. It's basically the same 20 people that play every time.

Moving the game around might entice new people who stick to their team forums to play as well.

Marketing is exactly the attempt here. Get people to sign up and create accounts. Webby wants more eyeballs on the site. It would be dumb if he didnt. You know why the Packers forum was by far the biggest on the old site? They brought mafia to this website. Back in the @OH-snelld4GB-IO and @PuntMyLumps glory days.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I wasn't engaging with anyone on the forum. At one point, I had about 300 unread notifications. That's why I stepped down from being a mod as well, because at the time I didn't think I was going to be active again. It had nothing to do with you.

Also, I don't think what you said to glem was said with malice. And what I said to you wasn't with malice either. We both took something we've said a hundred times before and then just took it too far in a direction that's not okay.

That's different from a good deal of other things being said in the thread though, where a good number of other people had been saying things with true malice behind the words, and then things just building and building up to the point that pages and pages were dedicated to just angry yelling at one another four games after the original grievance started. I don't think any of us want to see that happen anymore.

If you read the end of blues game, you know that I feel the same way. Also you should be pretty clear that I dont think what you said was meant in malice. 

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Passioned discussions for the most part. Some people dont want to read it, but others would rather have it, than games that are 50 pages and take 3 weeks to finish cause no one cares or is posting 

I dont think time off will do much of anything. It builds resentment and arguments continue when focus could be moved to a different game and different mindset

I dont agree at all with most of the changes. Like 0%

The only thing that should have been done was hosts policing more and taking a hard line of modkill if things get too personal or heated that cross the imaginary line. Along with players to help in this area and tell people when they are going to far, getting too heated, or personal

These are my opinions and I'm sure they are not shared by most

It feels like the game is being stripped and regulated over something that I wouldnt have even deemed the top 20 in things I have seen since being on here

Self policing and host policing should have been the strategy taken. This last game showed huge flaws in this new design and moving the game to different sub forums I think will cause issues down the line

Seems to serve no purpose and has the potential to cause more problems than it does to help solve 

Above all, people need to let the past be past. It takes some more time to get to that mindset, but taking time off doesn't achieve that imo

People disagree. People discuss, people vent, people argue, people yell, people cuss

This isn't the real world and this game helps people get a distraction from the world outside

Time off, time delays, over policy by mods when it's not needed are not the way this should have gone

I dont have a say but that is my opinion

• Like 2