Mafia Rules and Registration/Discussion Thread

bucsfan333

I believe it was squire who said it in Burn Notice post game but basically with the draft coming up next week maybe we could do a one time exception to the waiting rule and start earlier so that we can hopefully be done by draft time?

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Y'all already can't handle being nice after a week off and almost losing mafia altogether.

You know thats not true. Sure, we are total arseholes to eachother, but its only because we like eachother. There is a reason @Ragnarok forgave @SwAg in just days. Its the same reason I get along with @The Orca and @Pickle Rick after swearing I would never play another game with them. At its roots, we are all just dumb-dumbs who play a word game against other nerds. So I vote you let the sign ups happen. Just make them wait to start the game to meet the 1 week requirement. @Webmaster literally told us to self police.  Weve done that for almost a decade. It absolutely went to far, but weve regulated for a very long period. The line was drawn, we all know not to cross it. 

It wasnt your rules that made us be nice. It was the threat that we were screwing up something we enjoy. 

And if this has anything to do with me saying something really ishy to @Glen, I will gladly impose a self ban. He knows I meant no harm. 

I am not attempting to undermine you, @ET80 or even @pwny who liked your post. I am just offering that you treat two attorneys as people smart enough to figure out how to navigate this website. Most of us are white collar professionals, so treating us as children over a bad 20 minutes is deamining. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You know thats not true. Sure, we are total arseholes to eachother, but its only because we like eachother. There is a reason @Ragnarok forgave @SwAg in just days. Its the same reason I get along with @The Orca and @Pickle Rick after swearing I would never play another game with them. At its roots, we are all just dumb-dumbs who play a word game against other nerds. So I vote you let the sign ups happen. Just make them wait to start the game to meet the 1 week requirement. @Webmaster literally told us to self police.  Weve done that for almost a decade. It absolutely went to far, but weve regulated for a very long period. The line was drawn, we all know not to cross it. 

It wasnt your rules that made us be nice. It was the threat that we were screwing up something we enjoy. 

And if this has anything to do with me saying something really ishy to @Glen, I will gladly impose a self ban. He knows I meant no harm. 

I am not attempting to undermine you, @ET80 or even @pwny who liked your post. I am just offering that you treat two attorneys as people smart enough to figure out how to navigate this website. Most of us are white collar professionals, so treating us as children over a bad 20 minutes is deamining. 

I understand you meant no harm.

But the joke would literally never be funny in any circumstance.

And for that, I suggest Webby ban you for at least 12 decades.

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like I need to explain something. Literally since he was born @Glen has called my son an old fat guy with diabetes. That seems like relevant information. And for the record, I love glen and I know he knows that. So our banter is purely that - - banter. 

I mean it is his fault that he looks like Wilford Brimley

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It wasn’t *just* your comment. There was at least three people who said something that clearly broke forum rules within the first week of the game being back. We have to do better than that, especially with what’s coming up for mafia. So until everyone can act like an adult, I totally get why everyone has to be treated this way. 

23 minutes ago, pwny said:

It wasn’t *just* your comment. There was at least three people who said something that clearly broke forum rules within the first week of the game being back. We have to do better than that, especially with what’s coming up for mafia. So until everyone can act like an adult, I totally get why everyone has to be treated this way. 

We are never going to be adults. We are dudes conversing with other dudes. The mafia games are the only place we can use as a conduit for being ridiculous on here. There is a reason its been off limits to moderation. Ive been told some of the worst insults on this site by you. Counselor. ET80. Its the only spot on this website that we are allowed to act like that. If you think it will stop you are sorely mistaken. It will just force the multi 100 page threads to be done on discord. No one wants that. 

Just let us self regulate those games. Its clear to all of us that we went to far, Rasicm/jobs/making it about real life... shouldnt be tolerated. But Mafia will never adhere to the same level of strictness in other threads. And thats okay. The game is for 18+ year old child-men. 

The entire forums most active posters are mafia players. It makes no business sense to treat the #1 source of ad revenue like we are incapable of overcoming some insults that went too far. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We are never going to be adults. We are dudes conversing with other dudes. The mafia games are the only place we can use as a conduit for being ridiculous on here. There is a reason its been off limits to moderation. Ive been told some of the worst insults on this site by you. Counselor. ET80. Its the only spot on this website that we are allowed to act like that. If you think it will stop you are sorely mistaken. It will just force the multi 100 page threads to be done on discord. No one wants that. 

Just let us self regulate those games. Its clear to all of us that we went to far, Rasicm/jobs/making it about real life... shouldnt be tolerated. But Mafia will never adhere to the same level of strictness in other threads. And thats okay. The game is for 18+ year old child-men. 

The entire forums most active posters are mafia players. It makes no business sense to treat the #1 source of ad revenue like we are incapable of overcoming some insults that went too far. 

You'll soon see