TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

My son is in Colorado with his grandparents. They were biking and he fell. He is an athlete so this should have never happened... but his face is mangled, 14 stitches, broken nose, black eye, scrapes all down his arm......

And I am paralyzed with grief. I know he will be okay. Those are all things that heal. But it still breaks my heart. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

My son is in Colorado with his grandparents. They were biking and he fell. He is an athlete so this should have never happened... but his face is mangled, 14 stitches, broken nose, black eye, scrapes all down his arm......

And I am paralyzed with grief. I know he will be okay. Those are all things that heal. But it still breaks my heart. 

Geez! Must have been one heck of a fall. I think everyone here has fallen off a bike before, but this one sounds nasty. 

15 hours ago, DaBoys said:

One of my friends died today. 

ALS

She gave it hell for four years. One of the healthiest, most active people I knew before her diagnosis. 

Funny how this disease seems to target people who are physically fit 

Sorry to hear this.. can I ask how old was she?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaBoys said:

One of my friends died today. 

ALS

She gave it hell for four years. One of the healthiest, most active people I knew before her diagnosis. 

Funny how this disease seems to target people who are physically fit 

Sorry to hear this. Lost an aunt and my best friend’s dad to ALS. Felt out of sorts to be happy to see them go, but we were.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Chics dig war wounds.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:56 AM, Matts4313 said:

I wish him a healthy and speedy recovery. Broken noses suck. I’ve had mine broken twice and ended up needing surgery to fully repair it.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:56 AM, Matts4313 said:

Well if there is any consolation, your boy is a football player, so I think he can handle it better than most..

On 7/27/2020 at 8:56 AM, Matts4313 said:

Scary **** man... but you are right when you say he will heal up.

And chicks dig scars, so....

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

some people will do anything to get a few days off of work !

With the hours I’ve been working lately I’ll take the time off anyway I can get it

Thanks to everyone for the super kind messages. My son is doing a lot better. He still has scratches all over his face, but his grandparents took him to a plastic surgeon and it looks like no major scars. His short term memory has returned and the neurologist believe that he should be 100%.  

Great news all around. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thanks to everyone for the super kind messages. My son is doing a lot better. He still has scratches all over his face, but his grandparents took him to a plastic surgeon and it looks like no major scars. His short term memory has returned and the neurologist believe that he should be 100%.  

Great news all around. 

Didn't realize it was that serious, Matt. Glad to hear he should make a full recovery.