TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My assumption based on no facts at all is you walked away and the temp spiked to like 500 and you didnt see it.

I may have got distracted there at the end, but when I got back there was no heat at all. I couldn’t determine if I hit the correct IT and it already dropped or if it never reached 

Edited by DaBoys

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

rumor is redwolves

this is going to take adjustment period

Red wolves sounds....dumb. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

“Enterococcus bacteria,(also known as fecal matter)
The bacteria can come from a variety of sources, the program says, including sewage systems, stormwater runoff, boating waste, humans, livestock and wildlife. Elevated levels are associated with runoff after rainfall.”

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/slideshow/Texas-beaches-bacteria-report-202886.php

@D82 I stand corrected!  If you read that article is says Galveston tested really low over the 4th of july weekend! And Matagorda wasn’t great. Corpus Christi was disgusting 

Low poop levels are nice. 

So Texas is thinking about coming up here to visit while I'm off for two weeks during my surgery. Looking forward to that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I may have got distracted there at the end, but when I got back there was no heat at all. I couldn’t determine if I hit the correct IT and it already dropped or if it never reached 

Buy a wireless thermometer to track the temperature of the smoker as well as the meat. If it turned out the way you described, it usually means that you had a bunch of temperature spikes and pulled the meat too early.

I use the Maverick ET-733 wireless thermometer and it works great. 

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Buy a wireless thermometer to track the temperature of the smoker as well as the meat. If it turned out the way you described, it usually means that you had a bunch of temperature spikes and pulled the meat too early.

I use the Maverick ET-733 wireless thermometer and it works great. 

Thanks. I’ll probably be picking your brain over the next few weeks

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Thanks. I’ll probably be picking your brain over the next few weeks

I’m happy to share everything that I’ve learned about BBQ thus far. I’ve gotten a lot of great advice from some of my favorite places in Texas, so I’ll share everything that they were kind enough to share with me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

rumor is redwolves

this is going to take adjustment period

LOL...amazing how quickly Dan Snyder can move when $620b worth of investors, sponsors and shareholders threaten to pull the plug. LMAO.

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL...amazing how quickly Dan Snyder can move when $620b worth of investors, sponsors and shareholders threaten to pull the plug. LMAO.

It's kinda like it was never about the name but about money. Who would've guessed that an NFL owner would prioritize making money ahead of anything else? It's not like Jerry Jones would do that.

Wait...

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

It's kinda like it was never about the name but about money. Who would've guessed that an NFL owner would prioritize making money ahead of anything else? It's not like Jerry Jones would do that.

Wait...

Lets spend the max amount possible almost every year and never make it past the divisional round. That will surely increase my bank account more than winning a lot. 

-Jerry

(see how silly that sounds?)

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read a funny comment. "Change them to the Washington Possums. They play dead at home and get killed on the road"

Don't mean to be stupid, but they're changing the logo as well right? Sorry I just keeping thinking of when Jerry Seinfeld was dating the Native American woman.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:06 PM, Tony7188 said:

Why? Are you not a fan of Cali?

I mean, I’ve never been but always wanted to visit.

Not a fan because the cost of living is ridiculous compared to a lot of other places, and their gun laws are very similar to Maryland. 

I am making this post, with the main purpose in mind, to make you guys feel better about your  Life. I recently posted about the   Nightmare I went through with my RVe And mice eating up my electrical  Systems. I don't know  What, I did to deserve this but I now have for my 3rd time an electrical fire and my classic   1979 Chevy Corvette. I already paid big dollars for a new electrical harness..   Then the wires between the motor and battery went causing a small fire, I thought I had those replaced but apparently there are more wires that are old that I did not replace and went on fire..

Edited by resilient part 2