Cowboys sign Aldon Smith

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Its a false narrative. Even if you look at 5 years, its 7 total arrest. All but 2 of them were for weed/alcohol. Of those 2, neither player is on our roster anymore. 

And - just fyi - 7 arrest isnt some absurd number. Over half the league had between 4 - 9 arrest. 

You said you're toward the bottom of the league in arrests. In the past 5 or so years (I'd say, recent history), that's just not true.

But this is only really partially my point, I don't even necessarily care about the arrests themselves. The point is the Cowboys have established a track record in recent years of taking chances/tolerating guys that would be considered character risks. This isn't a myth or some fairy tale that other fans are just making up. When the news came out that the Cowboys were taking a flyer on a former big-name/talented player who fell off due to a troubled personal life, there's a good reason why a lot of people immediately went, "Well that's pretty on-brand". It's especially weird because at times, you yourself have said as much! Yes, they take chances on guys, that's all people are saying.

Football-wise? I dunno, I doubt he has much high-end game at this point, but it's a low cost so whatever. It'll be worth it if he's able to make a couple plays here and there as a part-time/situational player.

Imagine a world where most NFL players have been arrested 4-9 times in the past 5 years.

See a star out in public, and everybody just runs instead of trying to get an autograph.

which is what I already recommend to women if they see Big Ben out at a bar

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Silver said:

So I guess Michael Bennett is done in Big D?

He's an unrestricted free agent.   I thought the guy played well.  Apparently Tyrone Crawford is a leader on the dline.   He and Bennett do very similar things,  can play stout run DE, and move inside on passing downs.    I like Bennett better, even at his age.   Sure he would come a whole lot cheaper than the $8mil cap savings that Dallas could recoup from releasing Crawford.

32 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Maybe this time he won't proclaim that he has a bomb while in the middle of an airport.

If you're a good athlete you'll always get a second chance...

Josh Gordon has had 2nd chances since college and probably high school. 

Aldon Smith signs with any of the other 31 teams: dude hasn't played in 5 years who cares, won't work out.

Aldon Smith signs with Dallas: This could really blossom, sneaky good signing, cowboys on fiyah this off season, how bout them cowboys babayyy yee hawww!!!!!

• Like 3

So I'm assuming the Cowboys don't want to tempt fate even with the new CBA and will try and keep Aldon and Randy on opposite sides of the locker/DL meeting rooms?

Guarantee Nate Newton has been banned from visiting the facilities.