Have you ever flirted with being a fan of another team?

TOUCAN

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm officially a free agent until Bill O'Brien is out of Houston. Thought about the Saints and Browns, Denver made a strong push for my fandom (very strong push, actually).

@ramssuperbowl99 and I are always listening to offers.

The Packers are always in the business of recruiting new fans. What can we offer you, you say? 

We offer you a place that earned the right to be called Titletown, how? Glad you asked, we have 9 NFL Titled to our name and 4 Superbowls, that's a total of 13 NFL Championships as a Franchise, that's right, 13! That's 5 more championships then ANY other team in the NFL. 

Not enough to sell you? That's fine, Green Bay has been voted as the best Stadium to visit even AS an opposing fan. Why do you ask? Oh well, because Green Bay fans are the best, we believe in attending games with the best food on the grills and beer for everyone no matter who you root for!

Do you have kids or want kids in the future? Green Bay is the place to bring your kids during OTA's! Heck! Your child could get free autographs from the players AND have one of them ride their bicycle to the practice field!

Still not enough? That's okay, you should look at the history of the Packers (there's a plethora of it) and you'll quickly see that the Packers have 25 players in Canton, Ohio, that's the 2nd most in the NFL out of any other franchise (3 behind the Bears who have 28) and guess what? They're in our division and that creates one of the most iconic football rivalries in NFL history!

Oh man, you're still not convinced? Okay, how about being a fan of the team who's Head Coach brought such a winning tradition to your team, that the most coveted item in ALL of the NFL was named after him? That's right the Lombardi trophy is named after none other than Vince Lombardi! 

Lastly, you'd be rooting for an NFC team as opposed to an AFC where your original team originates from! Why root for your competition when you can root for someone out of conference? 

Just join the Packer fans! We could be your type of people and if we're not? We're all drinkers to the point you could just consume enough alcohol until we were and never be judged for it! 

@ramssuperbowl99 - this applies to you too!

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 2

As an adult? No.

When I was a kid, my babysitter was from Chicago and a huge Bears fan. I remember always playing in the backyard wearing a Bears helmet (the old white C on the helmet), and sleeping with Bears bedding and what not. My first football gear was Bears stuff that she gave me for Xmas. I eventually outgrew the Bears stuff after we moved and the Packers got Brett Favre and the rest is history.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveDX said:

Their butts hurt extremely bad over our “mistreatment” of Cam. Also apparently we were mean to Olsen. And Luke’s retirement is somehow our fault also. They’ve retroactively decided firing Rivera was wrong too.  They’re Camther fans, basically. 

Sounds awfully like some of the Raider fans that are more Carr fans than Raider fans. People get more emotionally invested in their QB than the team. It shouldn’t happen. 

Even back during the Alex Smith 49er benching, there was tons of fans threatening to leave. Then, leave. 

• Like 1

Raider fan for life, but when I was stationed in Tampa they would give me free tickets and the whole Gruden being their coach at the time it was easy to transition to being a fan of them as well (since Raider games were basically never aired on our shared TV). Never more of a fan than of the Raiders though, but appreciate that franchise. Pirate life for me.

• Like 1

I am a Seahawks fan since I've been watching the NFL, early 00s. Don't really know why. The color of the unis & Shaun Alexander maybe? 
I am from Montreal in Canada. I don't have anything close to a home team. Seattle is a US city, just like New England or New York (closest cities with NFL teams). 
Maybe that's why it's easy to say that I flirt with other teams from time to time? 
I told my friend who's a Chiefs fan that I should switch to his team after they drafted Mahomes. I said my other friend who's a Bengals fan that I should do the same with Burrow. 
To me it seems the Pete Carroll/John Schneider combo got a bit lucky with their drafting in the beggining of their time running the team and they're hoping for another miracle run, which will probably never happen. They have a top 3 QB in the NFL and they cannot for the life of them find a good lineman to protect him. Or draft a player in the first round. It's frustating.
And maybe it's because of the geographic situation, or the discontentment with the FO, or both, but I don't feel like I "owe" them a lifelong allegiance or anything. 
But if Montreal had a team then ... yeah I'd probably stick with them no matter what