2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He looked ROUGH trying to catch the football at the combine. Looked stiff/unnatural to me. Wanted to like, came away disliking him a lot.

Doesn't have Cris Carter hands for sure. He was too yoked at the Combine and came off stiff, hence his ****ty 3-cone time. Doesn't match his film though, the guy is shifty af. 

Just now, Green19 said:

Ummm yeah... that’s what I said with my Shanahan comment. That’s my point the rest of the coaches have been poor. When they had coaches they got to the super bowl and had historic numbers.

And honestly what do you think most owners want out of there teams? I don’t buy the first thing on every owners mind is winning a super bowl. There are only a few franchises that have that mindset.

Most just want to be relevant so they make a profit. Having marketable players help this. Giving up what they did for Julio didn’t screw them... I’d argue the same for the bears and Mack. It was other bigger structural choices that did.

Heck Julio was a great pick given that they said Matt Ryan is their guy. They need higher end talent to build him up.

We're definitely going to have to agree to disagree that julio was a smart move to get your team over the top. Hell youre saying yourself it was a move to make money in lieu of winning. 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

We're definitely going to have to agree to disagree that julio was a smart move to get your team over the top. Hell youre saying yourself it was a move to make money in lieu of winning. 

I’m not arguing if it’s a smart move to get you over the top. No one player honestly does this, outside of a QB.

Im arguing that overall the pick was good and worth it...you don’t get a HOF every draft. They did. And if you are giving up the farm for pretty much one player you need it to be a HOFer. That will help in winning games and the business of making money.

Drafting Julio only helped that franchise. It didn’t hurt it. If you think having a few more later round picks would of helped ATL be more of a premiere team the last few years.... good on you.

Id argue give them Julio and those traded away picks. They likely have the same success because they have had poor HCing, and coordinating.

When they had great coaching Julio was a monster and they were going to a super bowl. Their issue is defense... the thing their HC was supposed to do.

And I agree we just fundamentally disagree.

6 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

aiyuk good. reagor bad. 

Would be fine with Aiyuk but my only concern about him is short-term production. He reminds me a lot of Adams. I think he's a solid player in the long run but you may have to wait a year or two to really see it because he ran a very basic tree at ASU. I almost like guys like Reagor and Shenault more because at least in the short-term you can use those guys as gadget players as you work them into the passing game, (see Deebo Samuels). I'm not sure Aiyuk gives you that added dimension. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Would be fine with Aiyuk but my only concern about him is short-term production. He reminds me a lot of Adams. I think he's a solid player in the long run but you may have to wait a year or two to really see it because he ran a very basic tree at ASU. I almost like guys like Reagor and Shenault more because at least in the short-term you can use those guys as gadget players as you work them into the passing game, (see Deebo Samuels). I'm not sure Aiyuk gives you that added dimension. 

I don't see how you could look at what Reagor brings to the table and not see Aiyuk being able to deliver the same thing. They're clones,  extremely similar skillsets. Both could enter the league as elite RS and YAC guys as they learn to run routes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean can't you still do that with Aiyuk? I don't even think he's much different than Reagor in that regard

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Just whatever spices I feel like or have lying around, and then oil and vinegar. I think last night I rolled them around in salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, and cumin, and then poured in a healthy amount of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Tonight I'll bake them on low heat until they're cooked, and then brush on the glazes and leave them in a little while longer.

Keep in mind I have no idea if this is the "proper" way to make chicken wings. Just how I do it, and they're delicious.

Got my mouth watering for sure!

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see how you could look at what Reagor brings to the table and not see Aiyuk being able to deliver the same thing. They're clones,  extremely similar skillsets. Both could enter the league as elite RS and YAC guys as they learn to run routes. 

I just see different players. With Aiyuk, I see Davante Adams-type ceiling. With Reagor, I see Tyreek Hill-type ceiling. Either one you'd obviously take on your team, and I would. But we already have a Davante Adams, hence why I'd go Reagor as my first choice. 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Everyone is jumping on Kiper's Kmet pick at 30. I will say this about Kmet. I do think the Packers will be very interested. I mocked him to us in the 2nd round in my last mock because I truly think the Packers will look at him and see Austin Hooper-type ability--and we wanted Hooper. 

I just don't think we realistically take him at 30. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Everyone is jumping on Kiper's Kmet pick at 30. I will say this about Kmet. I do think the Packers will be very interested. I mocked him to us in the 2nd round in my last mock because I truly think the Packers will look at him and see Austin Hooper-type ability--and we wanted Hooper. 

I just don't think we realistically take him at 30. 

If they draft him in the second I wouldn’t be upset. 1st round even at 30 is alittle too rich for him. They want him, do a jordy Nelson trade and go down to 36 and get another pick.

Ultimately if that’s Gutes guy I get it because it’s technically getting a weapon for Rodgers. Me personally I’d just prefer others.

Edited by Green19