1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

You have no idea how this pick is going to pan out. Acting like it's a forgone bust just makes you look stupid.

So many fans are being so short sighted about this.

You are correct, I don't.  What I  do know is that we were in the NFC Championship game last year and haven't made any sort of improvements.  We just traded yup for a guy who's not going to see the field for (BEST CASE) 2 years after signing 2 bottom tier UFAs.  

Mind you, I   didn't hate the Rodgers choice in 05.  We got a player some thought was the best player on the board at times that year.  Love isn't that player.  We moved up for a reach when we've got significant holes on both sides of the ball.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:
4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You can compete for a championship and thing long-term at the same time...

No ... you can't. 

I would go even further.

You can rarely NOT think long-term AND compete for a championship. How many young QBs (long-term) have won SBs? How many old (win-now) QBs have some SBs?

Just now, SSG said:

But it isn't.  Like it or not, Kizer is one of the better comps for Love who was mediocre this year.

It really is.  Your HC Matt Wells for the previous 2 years was hired away by Texas Tech.  Your co-starting RB in Darwin Thompson was taken in the 6th round of the 2019 NFL Draft, four of your top five WRs and TEs didn't play for the Aggies in 2019, and I believe that four of the five OL graduated after 2019.