1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Just now, beekay414 said:

No, you were over-reactionary then too. You have zero patience. That much has been shown. When, not if, Love succeeds, I better not here a ******* word from you. You better hate this kid forever.

Over reactionary -- maybe - but not wrong

Somebody explain to me why Aaron Rodgers deserves to be treated differently than anybody else on this roster?

If you're old, expensive, and declining, teams are going to look to replace you. That's every guy in the NFL. 

The Packers have no obligation to do **** for Rodgers. They're doing what they think is best for the team in the long run.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Somebody explain to me why Aaron Rodgers deserves to be treated differently than anybody else on this roster?

If you're old, expensive, and declining, teams are going to look to replace you. That's every guy in the NFL. 

The Packers have no obligation to do **** for Rodgers. They're doing what they think is best for the team in the long run.

IMO, your best post, maybe ever! 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

If you can win 50-10 without attempting a pass ---- what's your point ??

My point is they are bleeding players. They aren’t going to be the same team. Neither is GB.

Let also not forget GB was a game away from the super bowl. They clearly feel they don’t need much.

Plus Gute is a Ted guy... draft is never about never season it’s about the next 5.

If Gute just got a franchise Qb for the next 15 years... Packers will have gone from Favre to Rodgers to Love and everyone fan base will be like lucky them.

Its sucks for next year... but it maybe the smartest pick 15 years from know, that’s the gamble.

That's not the point. Can you win a Super Bowl with Rodgers at this point ???  I would like to find out

Somebody explain to me why Aaron Rodgers deserves to be treated differently than anybody else on this roster? If you're old, expensive, and declining, teams are going to look to replace you. That's every guy in the NFL. The Packers have no obligation to do **** for Rodgers. They're doing what they think is best for the team in the long run.

This is true - but - at what point does it make financial sense - lets forget about Love being able to actually step in - when can GB actually cut the cord with AR's contract?

That's what makes AR different than the others.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We were team Jefferson but Love as my guy. Just ask @CWood21. I've been all over him in the NFL Draft forum. Just too many simplistic takes for my liking in his regard. God, I hate this forum sometimes. 

Love you **** **** **** ****

We both love to swear

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

2005 NFL Draft and signing of Woodson and Pickett says hello.

In 2005 we were a 4 win team after winning 10 games the year prior.  We spent our first pick on Rodgers and tried to replace guys like Rivera, Wahle and Sharper with bottom tier UFAs.  

We didn't sign Pickett and Chuck until 2006 and they were hardly low end back ups.  

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You asked for examples as if they didn't exist. They exist. So I'm not wrong.

here's a reminder of what I asked for:

You can rarely NOT think long-term AND compete for a championship. How many young QBs (long-term) have won SBs? How many old (win-now) QBs have some SBs?

I am not happy about the pick. I think we legitimately have a window, and a pick like this doesn’t help.

at the same time, I understand it. I wasn’t thrilled with the Rodgers pick, either, tbh. But I love all the dunking going on by the Rodgers haters, as if this guarantees Rodgers departure (via trade), and how it validates how Rodgers sucks. I haven’t been happy with his play the last couple of years either, but give me a break. All it does is tell us that Gute is playing for the long term, and isn’t short-sighted. They don’t plan to keep Rodgers past his contract, if not a year sooner, and they want a successor waiting in the wings. I would’ve waited another year or two, but the board was sh*t. But to suggest this says that  ‘Rodgers sucks now and we are ready to move on’ is laughable, when his contract ties him to the team for at least another two years. 

I think I hate more that we gave up a 4th.  Still need OT, DT, DB, ILB and 2 WRs, and I was hoping they would most would be addressed early.