1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's no interception on 3rd and 10 from your own 40 with 21 seconds left in the game down 7 that's diabolical. Especially not when you get hit on an unblocked stunt. 

Sorry, that's just stupid. 

Pretty loose with the insults today. I've witnessed you nitpick the heck out of one of the most refined QBs in NFL history. This almost makes me want to see the reigns handed over to Love just to see if you'll continue to go out of your way to carry water for him. I get not wanting to bury the kid just yet, and I'm right there with you on that. But seeing you ignore Love's red flags is very amusing.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Pretty loose with the insults today. I've witnessed you nitpick the heck out of one of the most refined QBs in NFL history. This almost makes me want to see the reigns handed over to Love just to see if you'll continue to go out of your way to carry water for him. I get not wanting to bury the kid just yet, and I'm right there with you on that. But seeing you ignore Love's red flags is very amusing.

I didn't call him stupid, I said his opinion was stupid.

I'll be hard on Love when the time comes for it, but throwing to a weapons group of Patrick, Deguara, the lesser St. Brown, Winfree, and Amari Rodgers in a game where we're blatantly not trying to win, isn't one of those times. 

The people ripping on Love are outcome based scouting, which is the dumbest thing you can be doing when the team you're watching does not care about the outcome. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Everyones got their boys and preferences over other buy holy crap this guy with Jordan Love is something else.  I like to think I gave a pretty even keeled account there, and hes excusing it for an offensive lineman? Thats a hell of a place to hang the hat but if it makes him feel better.  But in reality, it was such a bad throw........ 

33 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Everyones got their boys and preferences over other buy holy crap this guy with Jordan Love is something else.  I like to think I gave a pretty even keeled account there, and hes excusing it for an offensive lineman? Thats a hell of a place to hang the hat but if it makes him feel better.  But in reality, it was such a bad throw........ 

Honest to God, Genuine Question, I keep seeing this **** repeated.

When did Jordan Love become my guy? What broad proclamation did I make about Jordan Love being Canton bound that has people convinced that Jordan Love is my guy?

"I don't think Jordan Love played like trash today" is not me crossing the God Damn Rubicon. 

• Like 1

FWIW, I don't think we've seen enough yet of Love--nor in an ideal scenario with all the starters in--to draw definitive conclusions on whether he can or cannot be a sufficient QB for the future after Rodgers. Having said that, I was hoping for more today from a guy in his 2nd year.  Just my two cents.

Edited by DWhitehurst

I see nothing about Love telling me he’s going to be franchise, I see nothing telling me he’s a bust.  How could there be?

Rodg had the luxury of sitting behind Favre for 3 years.  Farve went 13-3 in his last year with us.  Rodg took the team the next year 6-10.  No matter the record, there were doubts after that year about Rodg being anything special.

We are some time away from really knowing anything on Love.

Edited by 15412
Spell

15 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

All you have to do is watch Burrow and Herbert to see Love isn't even close. The kid still has a long way to go.

13 hours ago, 15412 said:

I see nothing about Love telling me he’s going to be franchise, I see nothing telling me he’s a bust.  How could there be?

Rodg had the luxury of sitting behind Favre for 3 years.  Farve went 13-3 in his last year with us.  Rodg took the team the next year 6-10.  No matter the record, there were doubts after that year about Rodg being anything special.

We are some time away from really knowing anything on Love.

Rodgers was a top 10 QB statistically his first year starting. Regardless of wins or losses, you could see the talent. The only thing I'm confident Jordan Love would be top 10 in if he started next year is turnovers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

All you have to do is watch Burrow and Herbert to see Love isn't even close. The kid still has a long way to go.

See the above vid to start with regarding ol Rodg in his early career.

Top 10 QB in a 1 1/2 game year playing with backups?   
When we can see Love for 16 starts with a full starting crew play calling to win games then we will begin to be able to make judgements.

59 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Is this dude for real?

Check this for a banned dupe. Not kidding

Edited by Norm
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur needs to call the Bills and see how they fixed Allen, cause Love is still inaccurate. The other tools don't matter until that's fixed.

Not an excuse for the player - but I put a fair amount of that responsibility on the coaching staff. Somebody needs to bust the player into component parts and put him back together - leaving out the bad traits / pieces.

Perhaps hard to do in season and under the new CBA "No More Real Practice" restrictions - I dont know - but everybody's fixable to some degree. Everybody.

Just now, R T said:

The sad thing is he has zero clue how stupid of comment it is. 

It's a 100% a troll account. It's playing the game. Make everyone mad, don't lash out. It's been banned before. I've seen it a million times. 

• Like 1