1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

27 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I can't remember where I read it, but one of the the two said they were roomies for training camp, and/or games or something. 

Last year when Barnes had Covid it was reported he was roommates with Love. I would think the first rounder, or second rounder could afford their own place near GB. Barnes was Love’s high school friend and undrafted so that makes more sense. Have not heard anything about AJD. 

33 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Last year when Barnes had Covid it was reported he was roommates with Love. I would think the first rounder, or second rounder could afford their own place near GB. Barnes was Love’s high school friend and undrafted so that makes more sense. Have not heard anything about AJD. 

They make them room together at St. Norbert's college during training camp, and also they have assigned roommates when they travel for games.

36 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I did a search and it does look like Barnes and Love are roomies .. thought I had heard Love and Dillon, but I could be wrong.  Or maybe they were roomies somewhere along the way.  

23 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Dillon is the only guy that ever says anything nice about Love.  No surprised that Dillon is Love's roomie. 

Adam Schefter has reported that they are no longer sharing the same bed though. 

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone can "know" whether or not Love will be a quality QB.  There's not a lot of work there and it is too early.

That being said, it is a big year for him.  He needs to show something in pre-season, while throwing behind inexperienced linemen and throwing to young WR's.

It really shouldn't look good, but if it does look decent, then we have something.

If not?  Oh well.  Rodgers upped his game big time after that pick and that makes it all worthwhile.

It's gravy if Love actually turns out to be good.  He's already done his job which is make our QB play better than it had been prior to his arrival.

It just didn't happen (so far) due to Love's play, but he must be a God, because just the presence of him has elevated #12's play.

52 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Love and Dillon were in the same draft class, and those guys tend to be tighter. Dillon is a pretty positive dude, so it fits his character to praise Love —whether it’s justified or not.

I know it probably doesn't mean much, but you never hear anyone raving about how great Love looked.  I get the idea his performances are just pretty ho-hum, solid, but unspectacular.  I'm hoping it comes together for him this year.  It is time for him to shine.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

"I want a Love puff piece"

"No not that puff piece"

I was thinking this one other day, "you don't hear anything good about him?" And then there was a a couple lines from current players and it was like meh.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 6:08 PM, Refugee said:

It's probably significantly cheaper to split rent/mortgage.

17 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

"I want a Love puff piece"

"No not that puff piece"

"Love Sausage".

BTW...The Boys is back for Season 3 on Amazon Prime.  5 minutes into the first episode and I was hooked, again.  Not quite love sausage, but not far away, either.  

On 6/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, Gopackgonerd said:

Anything is possible, just don't think he signs that extension without at least playing 2 years out of it or Gute doesn't do it.

Mark Murphy said they look at Rodgers as year to year and now Rodgers said the same thing. 

C9DK0yLT_normal.jpg

Aaron Rodgers said he’s not sure how many more years he will play — he’s taking it year by year — but when asked if he will finish his career with the Packers, he said: “Definitely.”

• Like 1