2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

Just now, Cadmus said:

I know I'm dating myself here, but that's who I see in terms of play style. 

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. A motivated, well prepared LenDale White is a good RB. He failed because he was a lazy turd who cared only about LenDale. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Yeah, I'm fully aware of that White was more Lacy than professional athlete in the NFL. 

I know I'm dating myself here, but that's who I see in terms of play style. 

A motivated Lendale would've been a stud I feel like. Been awhile since I thought of that name though so I could be off.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

You dont pay RB big money on 2nd contracts.

I think most agree on this point.  The argument can be what constitutes "big" money.

You don't use premium picks on RB.

Debate is whether the 62nd pick falls into the "premium" pick classification. 

‐--‐-‐-------

Fine with the player, not overly happy with the value with Jones and Williams in the fold for 2020.

I agree with most of this.  I think Dillon will be a good player for the Packers, so I am fine with this pick.  I also don't like the value with Jones and Williams on board.

I don't mind the pick because I think an end of the second round pick for a 3 year starting RB is a good value.  Then we don't pay him and move on to the next.  

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

A motivated Lendale would've been a stud I feel like. Been awhile since I thought of that name though so I could be off.

If Dillon turns out to be like a motivated lacy, then it will be worth the pick. His running style reminds me of lacys a little bit TBH. I think his feet are pretty decent

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Point being that "running high" isnt a detriment.

I think we're speaking past each other. No disrespect. I agree that running high isn't a detriment, provided you are a freak like Dickerson who ran a 4.28/40 at 220pounds (or Bo Jackson, another freak). That is not Dillon. I'm not knocking him as a RB, (though I think 2nd round may have been a bit of a reach), but he is no Dickerson nor should he try to be. Dickerson could get to and through a hole in a blur, before the defense had time to begin plugging the hole and make contact. He could get away with running high. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

To me, after watching some clips of Dillon, he seems comparable to Legarrete Blount, but probably without the headaches. Very similar size, his speed seems about the same, and he looks fairly nimble for a 250 pound man.

Blount didn’t get drafted, I think, probably because of his off-field and occasional on field issues---> see sucker punch of Boise State DL player. But he was a pretty good player. I agree with the idea that the Packers probably reached for the kid, he probably would have been gone by the time they pick again, at the end of the 5th round.

Edited by JQ1

18 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'd like to see how much quicker Dillon might be if he lost 15 or so lbs.  He'd still be a load at 230.

I'm not sure how much of that weight he can really cut. He's got absolutely monster quads. Straight tree trunks for legs. 

59 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Agility (he''s a tight, linear athlete), vision and hands.

Balance and burst(he's a long strider that takes a bit to get up to speed) also aren't where you'd like them to be. 

He's LenDale White.

So many great takes! 

Love is Hundley/Kizer

Dillon is LenDale White

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not sure how much of that weight he can really cut. He's got absolutely monster quads. Straight tree trunks for legs. 

Yeah he looks like he's really freaking dense so I don't know if he could cut much weight either.  If he could cut a little though and gain a little quickness without losing power that would be nuts.