Browns Select DT Jordan Elliot

FGK

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s gonna be one of those dudes who will have zero production all game and PFF will give him a great grade because he pushed the pocket back consistently or forced the qb into a poor throw. 

He’ll probably play 10 snaps a game.

59 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s gonna be one of those dudes who will have zero production all game and PFF will give him a great grade because he pushed the pocket back consistently or forced the qb into a poor throw. 

Have you watched him play?  Honest question.

Seems to be a finisher when I watched him.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

He’ll probably play 10 snaps a game.

I'm not so sure the highest graded defender in the SEC only sees 10 snaps a game as a rookie.

I will admit that when I first heard his name called, I said "WHO??" only because I had never heard oh him.

The folks at PFF are paid a hell of a lot more money, look at a hell of a lot more prospects, and go into a hell of a lot more detail than this internet fan/wannabe scout. Jordan played at Missouri - which means an automatic 8 games against the SEC West. That is one of the two roughest divisions in college football. To put up the stats/production he did against that competition is pretty impressive.

This pick can also be considered a preemptive one if/when Sheldon Richardson leaves after this season.

Well done.

I know him a little bit. Supremely talented, but motor runs hot and cold. Allegedly has some character concerns related to his work ethic. But the talent is undeniable.

I don’t really like the pick just because I didn’t view DT as a big need area, but he isn’t a bad pick in R3. I just thought we had bigger needs to fill at LB, OG, DE, and WR. 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I know him a little bit. Supremely talented, but motor runs hot and cold. Allegedly has some character concerns related to his work ethic. But the talent is undeniable.

I don’t really like the pick just because I didn’t view DT as a big need area, but he isn’t a bad pick in R3. I just thought we had bigger needs to fill at LB, OG, DE, and WR. 

I think this was clearly a pick for ‘21 when Billings and Richardson are likely gone.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think this was clearly a pick for ‘21 when Billings and Richardson are likely gone.

Probably. I just wish we went more all-in on 2020. I think we could make a legit run right now and picks like Elliot don’t seem like they’ll help that. 

Hopefully we get Clowney, trade for another LB, and draft a RG & WR today.