The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

"Mediocrity" will be our ceiling next year pending the incoming QB who won't succeed anyway unless we fix this OL. We'll likely be a bottom 7 team in the league. 

I completely agree, that’s why Im against signing Brady. I think the crappy oline he’s got right now is a big reason he’s been playing poorly. It’s why they dug Scarneccia out of retirement in NE. He knows he needs a good oline and there no way LV has that. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I completely agree, that’s why Im against signing Brady. I think the crappy oline he’s got right now is a big reason he’s been playing poorly. It’s why they dug Scarneccia out of retirement in NE. He knows he needs a good oline and there no way LV has that. 

We can improve the OL quite a bit this offseason. Put Parham at center, draft and sign a guard. Resign Eleumunor, who has been serviceable at right tackle. Looks a lot better already.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Absolutely against signing Brady as well. Would be just as expensive for Carr and they're very similar in terms of production right now and Brady has a better team. 

I'm sure they'll toss a ton of cash at OL this off-season and it won't look like it does now but who knows if that will equate into better production on the field

28 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Okay let’s say the raiders cut Carr where’s that 40 million going? Their free agents last year left a lot to be desired. The best players have already been locked up other than Jones. Who is going in free agency that’s worth breaking the bank on?

Without knowing who will resign or be tag this a hard list to make right now. But my top  targets are Daron Payne, DreMont Jones, CGJ and Mike mcglinchey. Dream list but highly unlikely bates, Orlando brown, and roquan Smith. 

32 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Okay let’s say the raiders cut Carr where’s that 40 million going? Their free agents last year left a lot to be desired. The best players have already been locked up other than Jones. Who is going in free agency that’s worth breaking the bank on?

If we outright cut Carr, I’ll sell my PSL. Not because we’re getting rid of him but how stupid is that. Would just be another idiotic move by this franchise. There are plenty of QB needy teams and lesser QBs have gone for ransoms. That would confirm Mark is broke and is making the move in the best interest of his pockets. 

Carr was the most frustrating QB in the league but the moves made by JMD and Zeigler have now put us in a situation with no clear out.  The combination of JDR(2017), Gruden and JMD has set this franchise back a decade almost.  I am not a defender of Carr but we really screwed up the past 6 years.  I have to lay this at the feet of MD.  I thought replacing Carr was well overdue but I thought whoever the decision makers were would have some type of replacement on the team before doing it.  Watch him go to the 49ers and win.  Then we can keep debating.  I think that might be the perfect spot for him.

2023 prediction:  We trade Carr to the 49ers for a first and sign Jimmy G (Not saying this is what I would do)

Carr wins a Super Bowl with the 49ers the same way Stafford did with a stacked Rams team.

Jimmy G gets hurt half way through the season and we have a mid round backup take over that surprisingly does a better job than Carr ever did in the second half of the season.

The never ending argument will carry on just like the Immaculate Deception or Reception and Tuck rule.

I am going to need to refill my blood pressure meds for this offseason.

Now I am not saying I was right but one youtuber is coming out and saying my tinfoil hat declaration at the beginning of the season is something he sees also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_JdYxO24dM

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah this getting played up so much cause no other team would let a qb stay for 9 years with no success. He is a great guy. Players like him. This will blow over in the summer for sure. 

Blow over LOL

What free agent worth anything would want to sign with this disaster of an organization?  We have been the laughing stock of the NFL for over 20 years, with terrible FA signings, terrible drafting, an idiot owner and another HC that clearly has little respect from his players.  This organization has been and currently is the worst ran organization in the NFL.  It is truly remarkable how incompetent our front office has been. 

We will have no QB, a stud WR who won't want to pay his remaining years with a stopgap bum that can't get him the ball, on a team that is rebuilding, a RB and TE who have expressed their concern with the move, a pathetic D by nearly every metric measurable.  We lack talent and depth across the board.  How do you think this dumpster fire of an organization can attract talent? 

DZ needs to nail nearly all of his draft picks, that is the only way we can get out of the doldrums of the NFL swamp.  Free agents wont sign here unless we massively overpay.  Who on earth would want to join an organization that hasn't won **** in over two decades and shows little to no sign of competency moving forward.  Losing is not fun and the Raiders are a loser of an organization.  This will be a rough few years unless our front office drafts well and can find an elite signal caller because all of the cast off bum QB's mentions wont attract jack **** in terms of talent wanting to play here. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Carr was the most frustrating QB in the league but the moves made by JMD and Zeigler have now put us in a situation with no clear out.  The combination of JDR(2017), Gruden and JMD has set this franchise back a decade almost.  I am not a defender of Carr but we really screwed up the past 6 years.  I have to lay this at the feet of MD.  I thought replacing Carr was well overdue but I thought whoever the decision makers were would have some type of replacement on the team before doing it.  Watch him go to the 49ers and win.  Then we can keep debating.  I think that might be the perfect spot for him.

2023 prediction:  We trade Carr to the 49ers for a first and sign Jimmy G (Not saying this is what I would do)

Carr wins a Super Bowl with the 49ers the same way Stafford did with a stacked Rams team.

Jimmy G gets hurt half way through the season and we have a mid round backup take over that surprisingly does a better job than Carr ever did in the second half of the season.

The never ending argument will carry on just like the Immaculate Deception or Reception and Tuck rule.

Now I am not saying I was right but one youtuber is coming out and saying my tinfoil hat declaration at the beginning of the season is something he sees also.

If anything close to this happens JM and DZ will be unemployed in short order and will never sniff a HC/GM job in the NFL ever again.  

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If anything close to this happens JM and DZ will be unemployed in short order and will never sniff a HC/GM job in the NFL ever again.  

What's your take on Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler now? I'm curious of your thoughts being that you're a Carr guy.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

What's your take on Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler now? I'm curious of your thoughts being that you're a Carr guy.

I was optimistic that hiring a HC/GM combo would get us out of the doldrums of NFL purgatory.  The game plan and play calling I have seen from JM this year is well below average.  Moving on from Carr with zero game plan in place will get JM fired unless he can land himself a stud play caller via the draft this offseason. A stop gap bum, with a 4 to 6 win season next year will get him fired and we will move on to the next castoff bum HC....  Rinse and repeat again... 

His only hope is to draft a stud QB, outside of that his career here will be short lived and that is a fact.  There is now a tremendous amount of pressure on JM and DZ, we will see how they respond. 

what’s your take? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

44 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The only way Carr winning a ring with the niners is if he is a backup. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I was optimistic that hiring a HC/GM combo would get us out of the doldrums of NFL purgatory.  The game plan and play calling I have seen from JM this year is well below average.  Moving on from Carr with zero game plan in place will get JM fired unless he can land himself a stud play caller via the draft this offseason. A stop gap bum, with a 4 to 6 win season next year will get him fired and we will move on to the next castoff bum HC....  Rinse and repeat again... 

His only hope is to draft a stud QB, outside of that his career here will be short lived and that is a fact.  There is now a tremendous amount of pressure on JM and DZ, we will see how they respond. 

what’s your take? 

I think people forgot what it's like to have to be QBless which is basically what we had been between the 2002 Super Bowl and Derek Carr(the reason why I don't even mention Carson Palmer is because we only had them for a year and a half). Was Derek Carr an elite top five quarterback? No.  It's the but we can be chasing a long-term solution a quarterback for the next 10 years because of a decision that was made by people who are probably gonna get fired next year. 

Even if we're able to draft a quarterback who I am actually one of the people who like Will Levis(Cool we probably won't be able to pick because of our draft position) he'll be playing under a questionable play caller who is most likely gonna get fired next year if the results arent early, no oline & no defense. Most likely Davante Adams is going to want to leave. I can also see Josh McDaniels moving on from Darren Waller and doing something stupid like rolling with Foster Moreau instead. That potentially leaves Renfrow. This is a bad free-agent class for weapons so you're not gonna find a replacement if they do end up getting moved. This puts a young quarterback in a messed up situation. 

Sure there's always the option of Jimmy Garoppolo(Who let's not kid ourselves it's more likely that it's going to be Garoppolo than it is going to be Brady), we're about to find out what happens when a quarterback who has been given Silver spoon coaching and silver spoon supporting cast on both sides of the ball goes to a dysfunctional franchise with no Oline. There's been all this talk about Jimmy Garoppolo is better than car or car is not that good we're gonna see what it looks like when another quarterback is in here with that guy be able to thrive in the environment that Carr has played in his whole career.

On the flipside of this Carr is going to have options there are a lot of good teams that the missing piece is a quarterback so it'll be very interesting to see what he does. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2