The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Curious about 2 things.....how stidham does and how the team plays this week and next. I’m glad you put the JK at the end cough.....cuz I think we ALL know what’s happening this weekend, and next for that matter. Both teams have EVERY reason to play hard, we’re gonna get skull-f*cked!! Both times and allegiant will be filled with the enemy. Not tryin to be a downer, but I am a realist. 

That was happening with or without Carr though. So I'm not sure why is getting brought up so much now. 

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I envy the optimism of fans who think we will at BARE MINIMUM have average qb play next year. I'm telling you Brady is our only hope for a good season next year IMHO

He made Mac Jones look avg as a rookie. I think mcdaniels can do the same with 2 vets that been in his system before or a guy with better pocket awareness and mobility. Carr left so many plays on the field. Some upgrades to oline and a guy that don't walk into sacks I can see at least avg qb play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

That was happening with or without Carr though. So I'm not sure why is getting brought up so much now. 

Well..... I was actually just joking around with cough about what he said about us rolling the niners now, that’s why I said “I’m glad you put the JK on that” and yes for F*CKS SAKE!!!!......I do believe we lose those games no matter WHO is playing QB.....thanks for playin.....smh.

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

He made Mac Jones look avg as a rookie. I think mcdaniels can do the same with 2 vets that been in his system before or a guy with better pocket awareness and mobility. Carr left so many plays on the field. Some upgrades to oline and a guy that don't walk into sacks I can see at least avg qb play. 

Mac Jones is not good. Want nothing to do with him. Again we’ll see what happens.

I’d much rather be good than right. But I’m not excited about what’s next.

Jimmy G and the ghost of Brady......perfect example of “anybody but Carr “ lol. One is old as dinosaur sh*t, and another who SIMPLY CANNOT stay healthy, at least I’m in favor of someone with potential upside, a little QB moxie, and under 30. Lmfao!!! Gimme “the stache” all day. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mac Jones is not good. Want nothing to do with him. Again we’ll see what happens.

I’d much rather be good than right. But I’m not excited about what’s next.

I wasn't  advocating bringing in Jones. I'm saying mcdainels has got avg qb play from some guys who most don't think high of. I think assuming we about to go into qb hell next year is a bad outlook. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I envy the optimism of fans who think we will at BARE MINIMUM have average qb play next year. I'm telling you Brady is our only hope for a good season next year IMHO

I'm honestly not that worried about that. If they can fix a lot of the problems with Carr's left open cap space and improve the team overall, I'm ok with it. His play has been horrific and I'll take Garoppolo and a better team over keeping this charade going.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This year he has been average at best. Minshew and Brissett will be cheaper. Likely are not upgrades in play. Which is unfortunate. We are not in a good spot.

Anybody that can get first downs with their feet, throw an accurate deep ball, score in the redzone, and make plays outside the pocket is an upgrade, hate to break it to you but Carr is not the brightest bulb in the bunch either. 

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

After us putting up pedestrian points for the most part all year bar is set incredibly low. I’m more excited to see garbers tbh not a stiddy fan

. Interested if other starters sit also. 

Although Stidham looked great in the preseason, he had us thinking the offense was going to be spectacular.

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Anybody that can get first downs with their feet, throw an accurate deep ball, score in the redzone, and make plays outside the pocket is an upgrade, hate to break it to you but Carr is not the brightest bulb in the bunch either. 

Carr’s intelligence has always been overrated. Against a good defense he can’t read before the snap, he’s a disaster. Jets, Falcons, Rams, and many other examples of that. And also if his first read isn’t open, he does not stay poise most of the time, just an inconsistent disaster play to play. 

59 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

This. He scored a 20 on the Wonderlic so he’s far from a Mensa candidate.