The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah.

”I wouldn’t be here right now if wasn’t here”

This is confirms what I thought. He’s not going to be happy about this. 

if we going full rebuild, not point keeping McDaniels.... going take a few years to make up for all those draft busts. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Players will suck it up and in 6 months when it’s OTAs they will get along with whoever is at QB. It’s a business 

Yeah this getting played up so much cause no other team would let a qb stay for 9 years with no success. He is a great guy. Players like him. This will blow over in the summer for sure. 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I envy the optimism of fans who think we will at BARE MINIMUM have average qb play next year. I'm telling you Brady is our only hope for a good season next year IMHO

So who are our realistic options if we are not drafting a QB? Stidham if he shows flashes of anything at all in the next couple, Brissett, Brady, Zach Wilson, Minshew, Mariota, Ryan, Wentz, Mayfield, Foles 🤔

Could any of those be a competent bridge QB?? Any other names to consider in the rogues gallery?

I haven't really looked into the QB draft class at all as 1) I really struggle trying to project who can be an NFL QB and 2) I didn't think we'd be in the race.

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This year he has been average at best. Minshew and Brissett will be cheaper. Likely are not upgrades in play. Which is unfortunate. We are not in a good spot.

On the bright side, we're not in Denver's spot my friend 🙂👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Heard someone say Matt Jones rookie year with jmd was better than carr this year 

We'll, kind of it was and it wasnt. If you just look at the box stats and see a Pro Bowl berth you might think it was but if you watched the games then the coaching and running game absolutely carried him and we're probably seeing the real Mac Jones this year. We are unlucky enough to have the Pats on virtually every other week this side of the pond so saw a lot (too much) of them last year. I did enjoy the game where he only threw three passes though 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

So who are our realistic options if we are not drafting a QB? Stidham if he shows flashes of anything at all in the next couple, Brissett, Brady, Zach Wilson, Minshew, Mariota, Ryan, Wentz, Mayfield, Foles 🤔

Could any of those be a competent bridge QB?? Any other names to consider in the rogues gallery?

I haven't really looked into the QB draft class at all as 1) I really struggle trying to project who can be an NFL QB and 2) I didn't think we'd be in the race.

Pretty much Brady. Maybe Brissett/Minshew

Summary of DC run:

2014- Rookie year on a bad team - had a good rookie year. Thrown into the wolves, and showed that potential 
2015- good year  / team turned around and was on the come up. It was a fun season  
2016- the dream 12-4 season 
2017- Jack Del Rio f up the offense by changing the OC. Didn’t improve on defense around Mack. The bad defense is a constant theme 
2018- Gruden came and decided he wanted to win his way. Traded Mack and Cooper. Raiders enter a rebuilding phase  
2019- AB basically destroyed the offense. He was cut right before the season. Tyrell Williams was a flop. Rebuilding team who missed on all those 1st rounders and other picks 
2020- team was still too green. Not enough  talent to compete on both sides of the all. Missing on those picks really hurt the team. Crazy Covid year too. 
2021- was a great year. Team overachieved with all the adversity and made playoffs.  Came close to taking out the Bengals 
2022- new system. Not a good year from DC. Team defense still sucks. Questionable coaching

DC - played with 6 head coaches, 8 offense coordinators

DC- always completed 68% of passes, putting up great stats but then comes Mcdaniels….I realize wins are the most important stat, but you can’t win without a defense. DC didn’t draft all those busts. Mark Davis allow the previous regime to run the franchise to the ground. Now he wants to bench DC as the answer. Make it make sense. 🥴

Throw all that logic out the window(because they are excuses): 
“Dc SucKs, He’S THe PRobLEM”—- DC has been a class act and just a shame you can’t say the same about management. He held this team together when the times were hard and just to say go home this year. So disrespectful. No wonder the NFL laughs at the Raiders. It’s a shame Mark Davis is such a clueless silver spoon owner as his father was one of the smartest minds in NFL history. Players use to love AL Davis, being a Raider had a family vibe. A shame how classless this entire fiasco went down, the heart of the team is told to go home before the season is over. That’s not right. I miss the old Raider way, not this Patriot way. 

I’ll always be a Raider. Been a fan my entire life. I always was optimistic, and gave Mark Davis the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore, it’s time to start calling a spade a spade. McDaniels is not that guy. He isn’t a leader, and the XOs are missing. He was carried by the GOAT Brady and Bill B. People will be woke of this a year from now. Good luck letting McDaniels draft a QB, hopefully we don’t get another Tebow…… 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Summary of DC run:

2014- Rookie year on a bad team - had a good rookie year. Thrown into the wolves, and showed that potential 
2015- good year  / team turned around and was on the come up. It was a fun season  
2016- the dream 12-4 season 
2017- Jack Del Rio f up the offense by changing the OC. Didn’t improve on defense around Mack. The bad defense is a constant theme 
2018- Gruden came and decided he wanted to win his way. Traded Mack and Cooper. Raiders enter a rebuilding phase  
2019- AB basically destroyed the offense. He was cut right before the season. Tyrell Williams was a flop. Rebuilding team who missed on all those 1st rounders and other picks 
2020- team was still too green. Not enough  talent to compete on both sides of the all. Missing on those picks really hurt the team. Crazy Covid year too. 
2021- was a great year. Team overachieved with all the adversity and made playoffs.  Came close to taking out the Bengals 
2022- new system. Not a good year from DC. Team defense still sucks. Questionable coaching

DC - played with 6 head coaches, 8 offense coordinators

DC- always completed 68% of passes, putting up great stats but then comes Mcdaniels….I realize wins are the most important stat, but you can’t win without a defense. DC didn’t draft all those busts. Mark Davis allow the previous regime to run the franchise to the ground. Now he wants to bench DC as the answer. Make it make sense. 🥴

Throw all that logic out the window(because they are excuses): 
“Dc SucKs, He’S THe PRobLEM”—- DC has been a class act and just a shame you can’t say the same about management. He held this team together when the times were hard and just to say go home this year. So disrespectful. No wonder the NFL laughs at the Raiders. It’s a shame Mark Davis is such a clueless silver spoon owner as his father was one of the smartest minds in NFL history. Players use to love AL Davis, being a Raider had a family vibe. A shame how classless this entire fiasco went down, the heart of the team is told to go home before the season is over. That’s not right. I miss the old Raider way, not this Patriot way. 

I’ll always be a Raider. Been a fan my entire life. I always was optimistic, and gave Mark Davis the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore, it’s time to start calling a spade a spade. McDaniels is not that guy. He isn’t a leader, and the XOs are missing. He was carried by the GOAT Brady and Bill B. People will be woke of this a year from now. Good luck letting McDaniels draft a QB, hopefully we don’t get another Tebow…… 

Signed, 

Derek Carr’s #1 fan (Go Dogs!) 

• Like 2

2016 worked for 2 reasons

A. Carr had the best oline in the league, 4 pro bowlers on the line. 

B. The defense made turnovers and finished games. 

I think that’s a big reason why there hasn’t been very much success. The oline has been garbage since Gruden came on board and they traded away the defensive player of the year and replaced him with a backup. This team has a lot of holes and unless they have a plan that fills them we’re in for another few years of mediocrity. 

Just now, Chali21 said:

2016 worked for 2 reasons

A. Carr had the best oline in the league, 4 pro bowlers on the line. 

B. The defense made turnovers and finished games. 

I think that’s a big reason why there hasn’t been very much success. The oline has been garbage since Gruden came on board and they traded away the defensive player of the year and replaced him with a backup. This team has a lot of holes and unless they have a plan that fills them we’re in for another few years of mediocrity. 

"Mediocrity" will be our ceiling next year pending the incoming QB who won't succeed anyway unless we fix this OL. We'll likely be a bottom 7 team in the league. 

Okay let’s say the raiders cut Carr where’s that 40 million going? Their free agents last year left a lot to be desired. The best players have already been locked up other than Jones. Who is going in free agency that’s worth breaking the bank on?