2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The guy who is named after the tiny WR who is always hurt, likes the tiny WR who is always hurt....neat 

DJax was pretty healthy throughout his career until he hit 30. I just don’t like Elijah moore, his first step is so slow.rondale Moore is going to be really good as a slot. Lattimore had chronic hamstring issues in college, been pretty healthy 

Edited by DeSean Jackson

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Moving the needle wasn’t meant for just this year, we are gonna suck. Not much we can do to change that. I mean like this current period of Eagles football. Projecting much beyond 3/4 years is too hard to do. (look where we were 3 years ago). OLine as a whole has one of the better outlooks, which is sad. Lane and Brandon are injury risks, but both could make it 3/4 years more at a good level. Center needs to be addressed, but as I wrote up a couple pages ago...you don’t need to spend a first rounder on one. LG could be improved but we have some solid guys and going back to the Stoutland argument you can address that in other ways.

It’s not firm unshakable ground, but it’s some of the best we have right now. There are other positions critical to this defensive scheme where currently just lack people. We have like one outside corner, two old safeties who could be gone next year, two bandaid LBs. In a scheme that needs two at each position to be pretty good.
On offense we still lack a wideout that anyone is going to feel great about going to consistently. Maybe Reagor steps up, hard to say coming off the entire mess the team was last year. Some of these are vital to their sides of the ball running well...and we just straight up don’t have anyone. 

I know you aren’t saying take Slater over them if they are there. But I’m speaking to like how bad the outlook...present and future looks if we don’t address those areas in a meaningful way soon.

Near the opposite side of the center spectrum you have corners, which take a deep nosedive in league starters after round one. Part of me thinks “oh it’s an easier scheme for corners, maybe they’d wait” but the Vikings have taken corners a ton under Zimmer. We’ve sucked at corner for like a decade. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we also haven’t drafted one in round 1 since Lito. Wanted to see our history of the last 4 DBs we’ve drafted in the top 40 were Lito (‘02), Ben Smith (‘90), Eric Allen (‘88) and Wes Hopkin [safety] (‘83). Maybe we could take one for once like the rest of the league and statistically have a real shot at fixing the issue for once instead of hoping a good one happens to be a FA that year. Cause we saw last year how that can go with Byron Jones not being interested in coming here. I dunno.

Like I said, no clue how they view Dillard and that dictates a lot. If he’s this head case who can’t function outside of Lt.. Slater makes more sense. I don’t think any of us really can know. He was slated to start last year with a different staff, same position coach. Could be a positive or negative. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I’m not gonna be pissed about it. I think you illustrated well just how sour it could go especially with Lane. I think at 37 or 70 I’d be totally cool with a flex OL player. Just at #12 if there are better options, including moving back, I can’t say I’m going to be thrilled. Would be nice to feel better about the OL, at some point we need to have some impact outside of the LOS. 

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think the CB/WR train is extremely important and I hope we get one.. that said I just want to make two points:

- You can win in the NFL with a great OL and DL but mediocre to bad WRs and CBs. 

- The inverse of the above statement is not true.

The best examples of this are the Chiefs in the Superbowl and our 2017 Eagles. Obviously there are extremes and you can't have a great OL but trot out the WRs we have now and expect to win playoff games. That said, we are at least two years away from being competitive already and when you factor in the age of our current OL, I really think one of the most important things we can do is build out an established OL so that when we do get our QB(It could be Hurts and I'll give him a shot, but I have my doubts) he can come in day one and at least have a chance to succeed.

If we want to take chances on later picks for the OL and let Stout do his thing... I am down, but if Slater and Paye are the best options available at 12... let me have Slater and let the rest of the draft work its way out with CB and WRs. Luckily in this draft there are lots of talented CBs that will be available on day 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

12 and a 3rd and 5th for the 8th pick draft pitts

Our second and Dillard to the colts for there first draft Caleb Farley 

3rd rondale moore

Yeah, Pitts has been falling to 10 a lot on TDN which is a no-no.... if Pitts goes to Dallas and we let it happen by trading back and not trading back up when he's falling.... I'll lose my mind.

So, I've usually tried to trade with Carolina. Detroit and Denver might be interested too. I usually just go with the Panthers though. Hopefully we would be able to use #84 instead of #70, but can't be greedy if that's what Carolina wants. 

If we are trading up I think I'd rather go with a guy who doesn't have back concerns which usually don't get better. Maybe he will have a long career, but I wouldn't move up for him. If we moved up I'd rather take a guy like Paye, Phillips, AVT, Smith (if he starts falling) etc. If he checks out with our medical staff (not that we should trust them), then I guess okay, but back problems don't usually get better, so it worries me a bit.

Rondale Moore in the 3rd??!!? SIGN ME UP!!!

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think the CB/WR train is extremely important and I hope we get one.. that said I just want to make two points:

- You can win in the NFL with a great OL and DL but mediocre to bad WRs and CBs. 

- The inverse of the above statement is not true.

Be honest... we all know this deep down, but we haven't really experienced good weapons or corners high in the draft. Eagles fans have had great trenches on the other hand which honestly we should thank Howie for cause he did pick up Brandon Brooks and Evan Mathis in FA. He drafted Lane Johnson. He did draft Jason Kelce. He did draft Brandon Graham. He did draft Fletcher Cox. The more I type out these names (besides Brooks) it just goes to show how bad our drafting has fallen off. Mailata might end up being a hit, but that was just a lottery ticket and shot in the dark and if anyone deserves the credit for that its Jeff Stoutland.

Anyways, back to WRs and CBs... they are sexier positions. It's much easier for fans to go look up tape/highlights of the top corners or receivers and get excited than watching OL tape/highlights. If we take Slater or Sewell they could be impact players for 10-15 years. Like in 10 years Sewell still won't be as old as Lane Johnson is right now (30). I think if we wanna stick him or Slater at guard or tackle they can handle themselves at either spot.

My only con with taking them is I'm not sure what happens with Mailata. Is he moved to a back-up spot? Do we switch him to RT to take over for Lane? He's been better at LT and I do want to see him succeed with us and get that 2nd contract. His continuing development this upcoming season is gonna be one of the few things I'm looking forward to seeing. I do wonder what happens if we do take one of them. Is Brooks traded for the highest pick we can get. I'll miss Brandon if we have to trade him, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy and doesn't really match-up with our timeline (most of the older players don't) right now.

Another reason I'd like to see a top weapon selected is cause it feels like this year is Hurts' 'shot' and I feel like we should at least give him another weapon with how bad we need another playmaker to see what he can really do with a full season starting. I swear if we draft a DE in the first round and say "Hey Hurts.... go make some magic happen" .... I'll be so mad lol.

5 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Rondale moore reminds me of Steve smith, he has that dog in him. But hes  quicker 

Steve Smith - 5'9" 195
Rondale Moore - 5'7" 180 

Steve Smith only missed significant time with an injury once before turning 36. Moore has already missed significant time in multiple seasons... in the Big 10.

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Steve Smith - 5'9" 195
Rondale Moore - 5'7" 180 

Steve Smith only missed significant time with an injury once before turning 36. Moore has already missed significant time in multiple seasons... in the Big 10.

Some of that time missed wasn't needed to be missed. They just held him out cause they didn't figure he had anything much to gain, but anybody can get hurt. Injuries are pretty random. You could be healthy your whole career then have back to back season ending injuries in back to back years. Someone can fall on your leg wrong and its over. Its football. Rondale doesn't have some crazy bad injuries that should make you concerned or anything.

Also, not saying Moore is Smith, but its not a wild comparison and if you are gonna call someone out for a comparsion at least be accurate with the info you respond to them with.

Steve Smith 5'9" 184 lbs

Rondale Moore 5'7" 181 lbs

But, yes Moore is 2 inches shorter, but that's a 3 lb difference coming out of college between them and not the more significant 15 lbs you tried to make it out to be.

Here are their testing results too for comparisons sake.

Steve Smith Sr.

40 - 4.41

Vert - 38.5"

Broad - 10'1"

Shuttle - 4.25

3 Cone - 7.44

Rondale Moore

40 - 4.32

Vert - 42.5"

Broad - 10'06"

Shuttle - 4.10

3 Cone - 6.68

It's not a crazy comparison whether you like Moore or not. Maybe you think that's people projecting and the best possible outcome which is fine. But, Steve Smith was taken out of the 3rd round out of Utah. Moore will probably end up going higher even with some injuries his last 2 years.

Like I didn't see you call out his other comparison last page which was DeVonta Smith and Justin Jefferson comparison and that one is almost a 40 lb difference lol. Feels like you're just picking on Moore and that comp cause you don't like the player. 

17 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Smith criticism reminds me of Jefferson’s last year. The guy can flat out play football, don’t over think it. If he’s there you got to take him  

DeVonta Smith - 166 lbs

Justin Jefferson - 202 lbs

Peter Schrager has some sources for sure and has us moving back to 15 after the Cowboys and Giants take the two corners in front of us. Pats come up for DeVonta and we take a USC player in AVT. 

Eagles fans would be so pissed if that happens. Twitter would meltdown for sure.

I think AVT is a great prospect, despite the helmet he is wearing, but Eagles fans are gonna be so pissed we went from possibly Pitts or Chase to a versatile OL from USC lol.