2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

I think the Jets have to come away with D. Smith. I think a trade down to 4 with Atlanta would be a great spot. This would mean you get next years first round pick or this years and next years second round picks. 

Jags T Law

Atlanta Fields

Miami Sewell

Jets D. Smith

Pick 23 Mac Jones

The only think that scares me is Miami taking Smith but Sewell has to be the pick to protect their QB in Tua.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Okay... which 1st round TE will absolutely match Travis Kelce's career?

Tell me when you want to yell uncle and I will stop here we go all first round picks 

Travis Kelce, Evan Engram, David Njoke, Hayden Hurst, Hunter Henry, Eric Ebron, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham, Dustin Keller, Greg Olson Vern Davis, Dallas Cark . You don't have to match Kelce record this year to be a productive player and a great pick, and this only from 2006

Just as a side note Mike Ditka was the first great TE, and he was a real tough guy 

I got a new keyboard for the computer and it has a hair trigger and it is driving me crazy went I get done typing it looks like i am typing in Russian.

59 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets have to come away with D. Smith. I think a trade down to 4 with Atlanta would be a great spot. This would mean you get next years first round pick or this years and next years second round picks. 

Jags T Law

Atlanta Fields

Miami Sewell

Jets D. Smith

Pick 23 Mac Jones

The only think that scares me is Miami taking Smith but Sewell has to be the pick to protect their QB in Tua.

We have to trust whatever JD and the new HC decide at QB. If they stick with Darnold... than yes by all means I'm happy with trading back and drafting Smith. But if they draft 1 of Fields or Wilson at 2. I trust that as well. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

If you look at the RB drafted in the first round there are A LOT of bust and RB drafted late can be just as good. Remember Blair Thomas when the Jets thought he would be running the rock all day long. 

Here are a few RB drafted in the first round that are bust

2020 CHE- He did not do so well and even KC picked up Bell to help him out.

2019 Josh Jacobs. - He is good but they even had to use Booker to keep things going.

2018 Barkley- Stud

Penny.- Bust

Michel - Bust

2017 - Fournette He is okay

Christian Mc. - Stud

2016 - Zeke. He was a stud but was that beacsue of the great OL?

2015  Gurley Okay injury really got him

Gordon Okay 

In the last 5 years you had 10 RB taken and 2 maybe 3 at the most really did well. This is just too mnay misses and they only last about 3-4 years tops. The Jets rae not ready to win now and by the time they get ready to win the RB is all used up. 

Add to the fact that that if they do bust you are paying them like a top 5 or 10 player at their position.  Even with the rookie scale taking a 1st round RB is a bad idea.  Poor allocation of resources when so many stud RBs can be round in the middle rounds.

29 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

I did not see the game last night.  Can some one summarize Fields strength and weaknesses in the game.  Also is he still a strong candidate for #2?  Did his evaluation rise or fall?

Justin Fields stock dropped. Then again I am not a fan of Fields or Wilson. I think both are not NFL starters. They are getting hyped up beacsue of the QB spot. I like Mac Jones over both of these guys and could probably get him at 23 with seattle pick. Wilson and Fields just don't throw an accurate bal for me. I'm the type of guy that will take an accurate throw over anything. I think Mac Jones is the most accurate QB in college behind T Law. I thnk Smith is a stud and reports are that he is the best WR to come out of Bama. That is saying a lont considering guys like Julio Jones, Calvn Ridley, AJ Green and a ton moe have come from Bama. Give me Smith at 2 becasue if you pass on him Miami is taking him to go with Tua. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Tell me when you want to yell uncle and I will stop here we go all first round picks 

Travis Kelce, Evan Engram, David Njoke, Hayden Hurst, Hunter Henry, Eric Ebron, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham, Dustin Keller, Greg Olson Vern Davis, Dallas Cark . You don't have to match Kelce record this year to be a productive player and a great pick, and this only from 2006

Just as a side note Mike Ditka was the first great TE, and he was a real tough guy 

I got a new keyboard for the computer and it has a hair trigger and it is driving me crazy went I get done typing it looks like i am typing in Russian.

Still no uncle shout.   How many of them actually made TE relevance from rookie season?

26 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Justin Fields stock dropped. Then again I am not a fan of Fields or Wilson. I think both are not NFL starters. They are getting hyped up beacsue of the QB spot. I like Mac Jones over both of these guys and could probably get him at 23 with seattle pick. Wilson and Fields just don't throw an accurate bal for me. I'm the type of guy that will take an accurate throw over anything. I think Mac Jones is the most accurate QB in college behind T Law. I thnk Smith is a stud and reports are that he is the best WR to come out of Bama. That is saying a lont considering guys like Julio Jones, Calvn Ridley, AJ Green and a ton moe have come from Bama. Give me Smith at 2 becasue if you pass on him Miami is taking him to go with Tua. 

Zach Wilson throws one of the most accurate balls in college football. His worst year was 2019 and he still had a 62.4 comp. % and 7.5 average yds per throw. This year he improved drastically 73.5 comp. % and 11.0 average yards per throw. 

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Still no uncle shout.   How many of them actually made TE relevance from rookie season?

Miami is at three and 18 in the first round, and they are set to grab a WR & OT or RB with those picks, they are in dire help at all those positions, all they have to do is pick who they want, and we are not sure what we are going to do when we pick at two. 

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Hoping for analysis of strengths and weaknesses shown during the game.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Look at the top tier tight ends in the NFL.  Almost none of them were first round picks.

Kelce, Kittle, Waller, etc. 

The only guy in the last few years that returned first round value in my opinion was Greg Olsen and he was drafted in 2007 with the 31st pick.  Hockenson might be on his way but at best that's two guys in 13 years.  

8 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If Douglas is unsure about Wilson or Fields, does he push for a Watson deal?

I think he has to really. If he’s not convinced in the top qbs and doesn’t feel Sam is going to be the qb of the future then needs must and he has to go get Deshaun. Would cost a fortune though so he best really hate these qbs lol 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

I think he has to really. If he’s not convinced in the top qbs and doesn’t feel Sam is going to be the qb of the future then needs must and he has to go get Deshaun. Would cost a fortune though so he best really hate these qbs lol 

Agreed - I still have an inkling that Watson will be traded for relatives peanuts and if so, I hope that's to us