2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

20 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Zach Wilson throws one of the most accurate balls in college football. His worst year was 2019 and he still had a 62.4 comp. % and 7.5 average yds per throw. This year he improved drastically 73.5 comp. % and 11.0 average yards per throw. 

And Mac Jones was at 77.4% this year, 11.2 YPA but I don’t want him.  It’s fields or Wilson and no one else.
If keeping Darnold is what they want (not what I want) then you pick Devonta Smith at 2 and an OT at 23.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is another part of high % of completions too. You have to really dig into the numbers. 

That game plan works though if you have the personnel for it. Also throws to the RBs and quick throws to TEs. This is how Brady mainly operated for most his career. He wasn't just slinging it around like he was Brett Favre.

Listening to Daniel Jeremiah on the Rich Eisen Podcast he favours Wilson over Fields and also thinks Chase will go over Smith. He said he thinks Smith will be around 8-10 range. 

Trade back, get either Chase or Smith and then grab another offensive playmaker or lineman at 23 and nobody could say Sam didn’t have the help! 

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Listening to Daniel Jeremiah on the Rich Eisen Podcast he favours Wilson over Fields and also thinks Chase will go over Smith. He said he thinks Smith will be around 8-10 range. 

Trade back, get either Chase or Smith and then grab another offensive playmaker or lineman at 23 and nobody could say Sam didn’t have the help! 

Smith is too thin to handle NFL DB. That is why he wont go higher.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I know that’s what DJ said. All the talk of him being a top 5 pick is unlikely. Even got the impression he thinks he will go later than 10 but who knows 

Can't blame him on it.  He has uncanny ability to separate defenders with ease.

15 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

So what EDGE would be pick-worthy at 23?

I don't think that's a good spot for 1. Its an in between area. No guys slip to there that a worthy of it IMO and its a bit of a reach for the rest of guys. IMO even 34 is a reach for some of these guys.