2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

I do think there’s a strong chance we do actually go RB early this year. I see us getting someone big on the OL. Whether that’s signing Thuney, Lindsley, Scherff or someone like that, I don’t know. But I think we land 1 of them. Making me think we resign Elf and I do think JD sees him as a starter. I know some of you don’t like him, but I think he’s a decent starter. Making OL not a huge need in the draft early.

Lets say we do add a good WR in FA as well. I don’t think we use the 23rd pick to get a 4th WR.

I really don’t like very many edges this year either. I can’t see an edge that I’d be excited about is drafting at 23. So while I know it’s a need. The value isn’t there for me.

So for me this leaves RB and CB as the main needs that the value is there at. I expect us to go one of those 2 positions at 23 this year.

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wilson is way more accurate than Fields, has better field vision, arm strength, throw motion is way smoother, better feet and eyes. 

It could be the games I’ve seen broken down. I don’t have access to all-22 film. So I have to rely on others. What separates Fields accuracy is he’s accurate to all three levels. His deep ball accuracy is pinpoint. Wilson has very good accuracy but he some times misses those deep throws. Not knocking his accuracy. He’s very accurate most of the time. Again, it could be the films I’ve seen broken down. If someone has PFF to show their accuracy+ metric, that would be nice to know.

Let’s see what the radar guns say about each of their arm strengths. Hopefully this data is reported from their pro days. When you analyze the both of them letting it rip, they look the same. Both look very strong but neither seems elite. Elite meaning Josh Allen level arm strength.

Fields vision and processing is a concern. We haven’t seen it. That’s why I believe he absolute needs a strong OL and QB friendly system to succeed early in his career. We have a good system for him. It’s just a matter of really solidifying that OL. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So for me this leaves RB and CB as the main needs that the value is there at. I expect us to go one of those 2 positions at 23 this year.

I can’t really argue your points regarding BPA at a position if need at 23. It will certainly all depend on who is available. But my issue with RB at 23 is simple; we can get a RB on day 2. Of course you can say that about CB, but in just looking at the prospects, I think better RB’s can be found in round 3 as opposed to CB.  Teams value CB more than RB. Most starting caliber CB’s will be gone by round 2. Not so for starting caliber RB’s.

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

I can’t really argue your points regarding BPA at a position if need at 23. It will certainly all depend on who is available. But my issue with RB at 23 is simple; we can get a RB on day 2. Of course you can say that about CB, but in just looking at the prospects, I think better RB’s can be found in round 3 as opposed to CB.  Teams value CB more than RB. Most starting caliber CB’s will be gone by round 2. Not so for starting caliber RB’s.

I just ask myself this... who helps this team out more? And this is just an example...

Asante Samuel at CB at 23

or

Najee Harris at RB at 23

For me Harris easily helps this team out more

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I just ask myself this... who helps this team out more? And this is just an example...

or

Najee Harris at RB at 23

Give me 

Jaycee Horn at 23 (slight optimism he falls to this pick)

Toney or Moore at 34

Gainwell at 87 

Use our 3rd and the second we get from trading Darnold to plug holes at either LB, IOL or edge 

Edited by mattmanz91

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

or

Najee Harris at RB at 23

Would love Najee but I just dont see Douglas taking a RB that high...even though hes a tone setter and we could really use an identity on offense for once.

• Like 1

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I'm not a fan of a RB in the first 2 rounds. By the time the Jets get good that RB will have 3 years on his body. RB get worn down so fast most of the time and by the time we are good that RB will be all used up. 

But they can help develop a QB. We make the OL and the running game a strength... than that makes the QBs job easier. Allows more guys in the box and 1 on 1 matchups for WRs.

No ones stacking the box with Ty or Perine at RB.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

But they can help develop a QB. We make the OL and the running game a strength... than that makes the QBs job easier. Allows more guys in the box and 1 on 1 matchups for WRs.

No ones stacking the box with Ty or Perine at RB.

You can pick up RB that can do very well if you get a good OL like you said. Most of the RB that are drafted in the 4-6 round are just as good. Hunt, Kamara, Conner, Jamal Williams, Cris Carosn ( 7th round), Drake, David Johnson where all drafted in the 3rd round or later. I just think most of the RB can do well. You don't need a Barkley, Elliot type guy to win.