2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

These numbers make Mac Jones look like the GOAT lol. Dude had a season for the ages. 

Yeah but I feel like 85 percent of his throws directly connected to Smith who nobody could cover tightly.

Edited by JetsandI

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah no. Every QB has flaws and needs to be more consistent. They all miss open receivers, are late on throws, rush at times, etc...no one has ever said otherwise about Wilson or Lawrence or Fields. 

To assume why it worked and why it didn't though is baseless. We can assume its because of who he played or who he played with and everything in between but there isn't a clear answer.

And any other projections are just that, projections. 

For me its looking at what he does well, how well does that translate to the pros. What is he not so good at and how is that detrimental to them team in the pros. And ultimately it comes down to him getting better and proving his value. 

Literally I’m pretty much the 1st person to bring up his actual flaws.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

If it’s close, the Jags can’t sell Wilson to their fans. Not after a year of hearing all the TLaw hype.

The closest thing would be the Browns picking Baker over Darnold. But Darnold was not hyped like TLaw has been.

This is nuts though. If the Jags go Wilson number 1, I’m not sure how I’d fill.

Edited by SDotNova

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not at all, we've been debating this for months. I would say we just aren't as concerned with them at the next level.

I haven’t really seen anyone talk about his flaws while still liking him (like im Doing). I’ve only seen people hype him who love him or knock him Bc they don’t like him.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I haven’t really seen anyone talk about his flaws while still liking him (like im Doing). I’ve only seen people hype him who love him or knock him Bc they don’t like him.

Fair, certain posts do get lost among the back and forth over other things. 

58 minutes ago, xrade said:

Here’s an article on some LB prospects. I like the stats. Seems like JOK is a little less of a good prospect than some give him credit for. Since I have not paid attention to LB during the CFB season, this is all I have. Collins looks impressive.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/04/07/2021-nfl-draft-comparing-top-linebackers-advanced-numbers/

ouch!

Monty Rice sound good.